Thursday, October 04, 2007

 

Day 591 - One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

Greetings, Bloggy Weekend Wanna-Be's!

It's Survivor Night! Both of our VCRs have straightened themselves out, by the way. The miracle of technology.

Charlie and TY had a GREAT fishing adventure yesterday!

Proof is in the picture - two limits (7 per person) of trout, and they caught others and released them.

A brief 'fishing trip recap':

They hit the breakfast buffet at Shoneys in Lewisburg on their way to the Elk River, like any practiced and true retirees would. No hurry in retirement.

They were almost the only folks fishing - everyone else was at WORK.

The fish were not far from the boat ramp - they happened upon a spot that was teeming with fish, and stayed there. Charlie said sometimes they got a bite on each CAST, and they didn't need to chum with corn at all. Unbelievable.

We'll have a big trout dinner soon with TY and SY and enjoy as many of those fish as we can hold!

Have a great Thursday, everyone, and Nancy - don't forget to tape Survivor!

Comments:
A friend was telling us he would retire to Florida soon, we said oh, don't do that! Go to Tennessee! Much better livin'! Check it out.
 
Yummy fish! Send me some...haha. I'd like to retire in Tennessee too...but that's quite a long time from now.
 
It's so unfair that someone still YOUNG gets to fish on a Wednesday or any day he wants! Waaahhh! I love trout (and catfish).

Karen you have to remind me on Wednesday about taping Survivor because when I read da blog at the office on Thurs it's too late. I did tape it though, and I'm going to take Marcia's (and many others) suggestion to get Tivo so I won't miss Ugly Betty every week!
 
I guess we are out of the loop as we do not watch Survivor. Enjoy, those of you who do! Karen I love the way you point out that no one was at the fishing spot as everyone else is WORKING! Life is not fair!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?