Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 

Day 589 - Looking for the wringer...

Greetings, Bloggy Twofer Tuesdayers!

Charlie is now officially a member of Prairie Life Fitness Center. This was his retirement gift from me.

We met at the health club yesterday afternoon for a nice swim when I got out of work.

Side story - I was in the locker room in my swimsuit, and one of the employees came through warning everyone (that would be me and one employee) that two men were about to come in to check the women's jacuzzi. When they walked in, I got the chance of a lifetime - to shriek 'Eeeek! Men in the locker room!' like they do in the movies. They thought it was humorous - or maybe they were humoring ME.

Charlie and I drove home in separate cars, of course. So - this morning, I found his swimsuit and aqua shoes in the bathtub, still wet. The suit is hanging up now on the guest bath towel rack to dry.

I asked Charlie 'did you see the swimsuit dryer they have in the locker room'? I explained how it works and where it should be located.

His comment 'They used to have wringers for swimsuits. I didn't see a wringer.'

My explosion 'A WRINGER?? They haven't used wringers in FORTY years!'

Changing subjects - we ate at the 'Sultan Table' mediterranean restaurant last night with TY and SY. There weren't many patrons there, and we enjoyed having a quiet and uncrowded environment.

We had appetizers - hummus and pita bread, and fried mushrooms - which were listed on the menu as 'bread and mushrooms' - pretty funny.

Our waitress was 17 and knew nothing about the food items. The owner came by several times to answer questions and tell us that the food is all homemade.

We ordered several different platters - Grilled salmon and salad for SY; the Istanbul Platter for TY which contained a skewer of chicken, a skewer of beef, and some lamb chops; a gyro platter for Charlie, and a Mediterrenean combo for me that had both gyro meat and chicken.

We all shared one baklava for dessert (just a taste each but very good).

A good time had by all! We'll go back again sometime. www.sultantable.com

Comments:
The thought of Charlie getting acquainted with all the new-fangled gizmos in fitness clubs is very funny. Glad both of you are going--we want you healthy in your retirement years!
 
Hello Karen,

Well, I'm writing on my laptop while lying on a heating pad for the ol' back. Steve and I were at a funeral all day, very nice family, very nice funeral. Another one of our WWII soldiers gone but not forgotten.

That is funny about the quilts. The kinds of fabrics recommended are cotton and silk, if you have any that seem like they might be right! Whatever might seem special.

That Meditteranean place sounds SO good, it makes me hungry to read the menu. The prices are a lot better than around these parts I have to say...
 
I'm glad Charlie is enjoying that awesome gift!! I had to tell the girls at work about the bathing suit/wringer story. Too funny. Gotta love that guy.
 
How come we all love those Charlie stories? On the weekends you and Charlie can drive together to go swimming, at least on Sundays when hunting isn't allowed! Poor Lyn on a heating pad--we talked tonight so I caught up on knitting and quilts. Guess I'll look around for cotton and silks for her quilt. That was a funny story about the lady that bought your sister-in-law's dresses for quilting and not to wear! I can see how one would look at cloth differently when having a quilt in mind. Was too busy yesterday to blog since we were all day at the Fryeburg Fair--most of it watching the Woodsman's Day competitions--buck saws, cross-cut saws, chain saws, tree felling, ax throwing, loading and unloading big lumber trucks. It really was entertaining!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?