Friday, September 28, 2007

 

Day 585 - It's 'Charlie' Friday!

Greetings, TGIF-ers! It's Friday, and it's Charlie's last regular day of work.

You know what to do -

March in a circle, chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Also chant 'Char-lie! Char-lie! Char-lie!' in honor of his pending retirement.

Charlie said his retirement luncheon was just wonderful. It was potluck - chips n dip, BBQ, fried chicken, sloppy joes, potato salad, baked beans, cakes and desserts, etc.

The folks at work had a 'retirement medal' with flashing lights for him to wear (he put it on last night at home too). They made an 8x10 scrap book and autograph album for him that they signed and wrote messages to him wishing him a happy retirement, good luck hunting and fishing, etc.

They also signed around the border of an 8x10 photo of charlie with a big straw hat on from some other party they've had over the years - it is PRICELESS.

He ALSO got some gifts including a gift card to Bass Pro Shops and a fleece jacket.

Charlie's sister sent a couple of stories to a co-worker to tell at his 'roast'. My favorite is when Charlie was little, and Charlie's mother called out the door for him to come home.

Once, twice she called, then the third time she used his whole given name, and that brought him in. He said 'Mom, I didn't hear you the first two times you called'. HA HA HA HA HA!!!

He really enjoyed his send off, and was touched by all the attention he got.

Have a nice FRIDAY, Charlie!

Comments:
What a great luncheon! He deserves a wonderful send off like that. I'm glad it went so well. Give him a huge hug for me. As jealous as I am, I'm not quite sure what I'd do with myself if I didn't have my job to come to everyday. I'd turn into a huge slug, I think. Better off working...for now. ;)
Have a great weekend! Love you! xoxo
 
Happy retirement. Charlie. Congratulations for all of your years of hard work. Just think how late you can sleep on Monday...
 
Charlie, I like Marcia's comment about sleeping late on Mondays! If that really happens, I'll faint! I'll join the chorus of "Happy Retirement" wishes! Couldn't happen to a better guy! Yes, Karen, your turn will come one of these years--hang in there! My favorite little Charlie story is when your mother told the Dr. your legs were too long--and he replied something like "Do you want me to chop some off?"
 
Charlie, I want to see that flashing medal, worn with the lobster shirt, at Thanksgiving this year.

Who wouldn't love Charlie? Your co-workers will miss you very much--I miss you and I don't see you very often!

Have a wonderful retirement, Charlie. You've earned it. xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?