Thursday, September 27, 2007

 

Day 584 - Charlie's Retirement Luncheon

Greetings, Bloggy Thirsting-for-Thursdayers!

Yes, TODAY is Charlie's Retirement Luncheon, NOT another root canal. Good thing we got that one straightened out, they're so easily confused...

We started discussing retirement around 4:30 this morning, by the way. Charlie says he thinks about it all the time, and I do too, quite a bit anyway.

I very much enjoyed working half a day from home yesterday morning - with fewer interruptions I get more done. Go figure...

We are supposed to get some much-needed rain this morning. Can't wait for that! Maybe I'll get to use the windshield wipers on my new car? Maybe even the front ones AND the back? Too much excitement!

Hey, don't forget - it's SURVIVOR night! We already can't stand the whining girl from New York who thinks she's above it all, and the lady wrestler with her lip rings is less-than-stellar.

Say farewell to September this weekend, by the way. Falling temps and falling leaves ahead!

Quote of the day:

Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. Carol Bishop Hipps

Comments:
I love that quote!
Congrats Charlie...it's really here! I'm still very jealous. ;)
Have a nice Thursday! Almost time for the weekend again! xoox
 
Survivor: Yes that New York girl has to go. The Virginia chicken farmer would still be there if he stepped up and told people what should be done. The wrestler though could do well in the challenges I would think.

I have to get Tyvo so I can tape Survivor and Ugly Betty at the same time.
 
Good luck setting up Tyvo to tape two things at once. Tricky. Call the Geek Squad, or maybe Charlie, he has lots of time on his hands...
 
We want details about Charlie's retirement sendoff.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?