Thursday, September 20, 2007

 

Day 577 - Party, or Root Canal?

Greetings, Bloggy Short-Timers! Friday is just a day away!

I realize now why Charlie is retiring...

He got the dates mixed up for his retirement luncheon and his root canal. Today is the root canal, next Thursday is the retirement luncheon. Oops, Charlie.

It's the SURVIVOR Premiere tonight - what will this season be like?? I am going to swim early and not wait for the 6pm water aerobics class. It just doesn't seem polite to miss the first episode.

Did anyone watch the premiere of 'Kid Nation' last night?

40 kids are running an abandoned western ghost town for 40 days. They have divided into 4 teams, have leaders, and jobs. They make a small amount of money at their jobs which they can spend at the saloon for root beer and candy.

They had a challenge that resulted in choosing a reward - the leaders wisely chose outhouses over a television set.

One cute little 8 year old decided he was too homesick and quit. Everyone else has made it through so far.

Have a nice Thursday, everyone!

Comments:
I guess this is dental day--last night my front tooth next to the eye tooth that holds my partial broke off as I removed the partial. I'm lucky to have a 1:30 dental appmt here with a dentist recommended to me some time ago who takes new patients, and I hope and pray he can fix it. Not much tooth left, alas! You may remember my regular dentist is in Providence!

We saw Uncle Herbie last night and he is not doing well at all. Will keep you posted.
 
Karen, it would make more sense if you mixed up the two--root canal may be how you feel because you're NOT retiring--
And now your mother broke her tooth. What's going on in that family?
I should have watched Kid's Nation last night instead of the baseball game where our cellar Giants lost again! I did remember to tape Survivor this time though!
 
I almost missed todays blog. Finally got my car back this morning. Dad took me to pick it up AND PAID the bill. Thank goodness. His friend fixed it really cheap though. Had to replace ALL the brake lines...thought I was safe and sound, but a psycho girl rearended me on the way home from work. No damage to the car, but my body is a bit achy now. Just can't win, I guess. I'm just lucky we were in bumper to bumper traffic at the time so she didn't have time to pick up much speed...what a moron. Man I'm ready for the weekend!!!!
 
Sorry to hear about your accident, Heather! They are such a hassle, and yes, you are always achy afterwards.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?