Sunday, September 16, 2007

 

Day 573 - Sunday will be fun-day!

Greetings, Blogregation!

I don't understand the church sign they have out at the moment. It says 'Man plans, God laughs'. I am not sure what that means.

Okay, I googled it:

There is an old Yiddish proverb, "Men tracht und Gott lacht." Roughly,
this translates as "Men plan and god laughs."


It was COLD last night - 47.5 on the thermometer this morning, the coldest it has been in a LONG time. High temp expected to be a chilly 78. Later in the week it'll warm up again to the high 80's during the day.

We have a fun day planned - we're both going to the health club this morning to swim.

Then we are taking a little drive to figure out a new interchange on the highway near where I work. I don't know if it will be beneficial to me or not.

Then we are watching the Titans football game at noon - not sure if we are watching it at home or elsewhere.

Then we'll see how much time is left in the day and decide what else we can do.

Have a nice Sunday and TTFN!

Comments:
I thought it was funny that you swore twice yesterday, too. I swear all the time when I'm overloaded, or I use words like "I Hate" which Mom said not to say. (Probably made me want to say it!) Computers are funny- I can sit there and three hours will go by like one hour and I'll be exhausted. I hate computers! (Not really). Well, sometimes.
 
karen: it means God laughs because She knows it doesn't matter how much we plan; other forces may stand in the way.

What did you swim in today?
 
Karen, I missed yesterday's blog--quess I thought you were still off line. Funny story about the belly button bathing suit demise. Has to be Ben and Jerry waffle cone sundaes. My bathing suit comes in two parts, leaving room for "Waffle cone sundae" expansion. I agree with Aunt Nancy's explanation of the church slogan. Good one, Nancy, especially the "She knows....". All's right with the world--the Red Sox beat the Yankees last night! We didn't get to watch the game as we were at the American Legion hall working on and eating a chicken pie supper, then dancing the night away. We both had sore feet afterwards as our feet are used to sneakers and not shoes! Marcia, I guess I didn't follow my own advice re: not to say "I hate", as there were times when that was my mantra, sorry to say! Hope all bloggers are having a wonderful weekend. A tiny bit of frost this morning--Yiikes!! (Not sure of the spelling but you get the picture!)
 
Glad you guys had a nice day planned. We spent the weekend relaxing & not doing much of anything at all. I like that sometimes. ;)
Love you! Have a good week!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?