Tuesday, September 11, 2007

 

Day 568 - Tuesday (or second day back)

Greetings, Bloggy Double-Troublers!

Today's photo is of the Quillen, a beautiful building where we stay at the Beach.

The boardwalk takes you across the sand to the ocean, which is freezing cold but still gorgeous.

Sometimes I get one of the rooms on the eastern end (you can see the windows on the second and third floors) where you can look out at the ocean and see the sunrise. LOVELY.

Monday is over, thank goodness.

Something I forgot to tell from the weekend -

Charlie went swimming with me on Sunday, but we took separate cars so I could go to Sams Club afterward and Charlie could go home to watch football.

I returned home to find he was drying his bathing suit by hanging it over the tailgate of his truck... Now YOU tell me if that is a 'man thing'?

I had a long day yesterday (which was probably longer considering I ate lunch at my desk and didn't really take my breaks) but I managed to make it to Applebees for dinner out at 6:30. ;-)

Charlie had a 'triple combo' platter with mini-burgers, southwestern chicken egg rolls, and steak rollups. I had an 'orange chicken' bowl with rice and vegetables. Very yummy.

It's already 6am so I'm going to make this short. Have a nice Tuesday and TTFN!

Comments:
The ocean is not freezing, esp. in August. I was in the water for at least an hour. You've been in Tennessee too long.
Our pool has now changed to salt water (a current trend I understand), with very little chlorine. It feels so much better!
Truck tailgate is fine for swim trunks--I remember guys hanging trunks on sideview mirrors.
 
I didn't get to read the blog until now. Long day!! I can picture the swim suit hanging on the truck. Very cute. ;)
Have a great rest of the week! xoxox
 
I'm just reading the blog late, too. Long day--I volunteered at church from 6:30am to 9am to help serve breakfast for the United Way people, then came home and baked 2 apple pies and made 14 sandwiches for the Bingo food counter where myself and another woman worked from 3:30 to 9pm serving coffee, hot dogs steamed with buns, all the food we made and more brought in by 3 other ladies. Then home to watch the Red Sox pull ahead of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and take an Advil for my achy legs! Fun to read the blog and the comments. I love the image of Charlie drying his bathing suit off the truck. And Karen I sympathize with all the work you have to do after a couple of weeks vacation! Makes me glad I'm retired.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?