Friday, August 31, 2007

 

Day 557 - Friday and Off to Newport!

Greetings, Bloggy Friday-Fanatics! Wahoo!

Yesterday I felt I needed to intervene when my mother attempted a flying tackle at Wal-mart to stop someone she knew so she could introduce me to them... Not really, but almost...

It's Friday! You know what to do - March in a circle chanting 'New-port! New-port! New-port!'
(or Fri-day, Fri-day, Fri-day if you must)

Yes, that's right - we're heading to Newport, RI, land of the rich and famous (except for us vacationers who just wish we were rich and famous). I am all re-packed, and less carefully than my original packing job, since it won't be going on a plane.

Newport has so many things I like:
Sparkling water
Beautiful sunsets
Food
Shopping
Activities
Sightseeing
Did I mention food?

Favorite things - Panera Bread, Yesterday's restaurant, Opera House Cinema, the Harbor tours, Ben and Jerry's waffle cone sundaes, etc.

Tomorrow we'll be heading to the Nordic Lodge - www.nordiclodge.com for all you can eat lobster, king crab, prime rib and filet mignon... Be still my heart (and my intestines).

I don't know when I'll be able to write another blog entry, not for a week unless they have an internet setup where we're staying OR Charlie and I walk up to the library.

TTFN and use the comments to chat among yourselves!

Comments:
Yes, it's me, Mom, going along to Newport--Gil and I will have our own timeshare there and meet up with Karen and Charlie for food and fun in the sun! We'll all have blog withdrawal this week, but at least I'll know what's happening! Oh, it's Gil and my second Anniversary on Sept 3rd, and whereas we spent our honeymoon in Newport this will be a time of fond memories and making new ones!
Love to all you bloggy readers out there!
 
Yay for Nordic Lodge! Happy Early Anniversary Grammy!
xoxoxo
 
Karen--nothing to read on Sunday! Why don't you get a laptop?
 
Hi Nancy! I'm happy to get a laptop, but not happy to drag it everywhere. What a pain! -k
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?