Thursday, August 30, 2007

 

Day 556 - One Week Down, Another One Coming Up

Greetings, Bloggy Non-Vacationers!

A week ago today I started my vacation! Time flies when you're having fun. No good dreams last night to tell about, at least no dreams that I remember.

Yesterday's trip to the Chick-a-dee restaurant was very fattening and very delicious.

We ordered fried clams in batter (you can also choose them fried in crumbs), onion rings, hot dinner rolls, and lobster stew. Desserts - I had bread pudding and Gil had pecan pie, both topped with homemade whipped cream. My mother 'helped' us eat them.

We also stopped at Dunkin Donuts later in the day, I had an orange Coolata - kind of a frozen slushy drink.

Red Sox vs. Yankees game 2 last night. The Sox lost again. Sheesh. Good thing I didn't buy a t-shirt.

My mother and I will do more shopping and more laundry today - those are things you need to do even when you're on vacation.

I wonder how many times I'll be introduced while we are out and about today...

Yesterday was the first day my mother didn't see anyone she knew to introduce me to. (She knows I'm going to write about this.) I am a living, breathing, walking 'show and tell' item during my visit.

Even the poor convenience clerk at the local 'Handy Store' had to hear who I am, where I live, how long I'm staying, that Charlie is flying in on Friday, and the general agenda for my visit.

Guess I'd better get going, the sun is up and it's all of 56 degrees outside!

Have a nice Thursday and TOMORROW IS FRIDAY! TTFN!

Comments:
Sounds like fun! I can't believe a week has gone by already. Too fast! Pretty soon we'll be packing in the slobbies at Nordic! Can't wait!!!
 
Life in a small town, Karen. There is a country song out now about everyone is famous in a small town. So true.
I'm sure your Mom "helped" you eat your dessert. That's a family trait. Eric and his dad both hated my doing that. Eric also hates that I tell everyone we meet about his life history.
Sounds lie a wonderful vacation so far! and Friday--CHARLIE!! YEEAAA!
 
I shouldn't wait till the end of the day to write--now the Yankees have beaten us 3 straight, putting me in a miserable mood! Not for long however as life is greater than the Red Sox! Tomorrow we're off first to Prov to see Lyn and Steve, then pick up Charlie at the airport, then Sat it's Nordic Lodge and see Heather, Mike, and Evan! Yipee!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?