Tuesday, August 28, 2007

 

Day 554 - Popovers for Breakfast??

Greetings, Twofer Tuesdayers!

I don't 'really' know what day it is, because on vacation EVERY day is a non-work-day. It is almost 7:30am and I just got up! Oh, sorry - here I go reminding you again how blissful my vacation life is.

We are WALKING (for exercise and calorie reduction reasons) to a restaurant named 'Market Square' for breakfast this morning, leaving in about half an hour.

The restaurant serves a giant popover with your meal, and since my mother knows very well that I LOVE POPOVERS, (as they are in the bread family) we're heading that way this morning.

Do you KNOW what a popover is?

Also known as Yorkshire pudding - 1 cup of flour, 2 eggs, 1 cup of milk, and a dash of salt, cooked at a high heat in greased muffin pans to make a puff, a little like the shell of a cream puff - only bigger.

I have been known to make a recipe of popovers and eat the whole batch myself - which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't slathered with real butter.

My mother and I attended a potluck dinner last night - it was especially fun because nobody brought an entree! There were several salads, one appetizer, one hot vegetable, two desserts, and two casseroles.

My mother says the loaf pan of macaroni and cheese was an entree, but I disagree - in the south it counts as a vegetable.

Gotta go get ready to walk to breakfast! TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
I love that Mac and cheese is considered a VEGETABLE...too funny. Sounds like a nice breakfast today! (of course anything edible sounds wonderful these days..haha)
LOVE YOU!
 
Uumm-where is the vegetable in mac and cheese?
Years ago when I cooked (I was married to a southern boy from Atlanta)I made roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, with roast beef juices in the muffin tin--so no butter needed.
Now I'm hungry and it's only 10:30.
 
It isn't really a vegetable, it's a starch, but at a Southern Meat 'n three restaurant, it's a vegetable, like potatoes and pinto beans. By the way - it was a mile to the restaurant and a mile home, so I got a little bit of exercise!
 
It's fun reading the comments, and more fun having Karen here! Right now we're watching the Red Sox/Yankees game. Go Red Sox!

I too wondered where the vegetable was in mac/cheese!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?