Monday, August 27, 2007

 

Day 553 - Hola! It's Monday!

Greetings, Bloggy Commuters!

Hey! It's Monday - but I don't mind a bit! (sorry about that, don't mean to rub it in)

I'm at 'Mom 'n Gils' now after a fun retreat weekend at the ocean in Saco, Maine.

My retreat weekend went very well, though the weather was very hot and humid , which is not fun with no air conditioning. They had just finished a week of very COLD weather, and I saw a staff member arrive on her bicycle one morning wearing a long sleeved t-shirt with a down vest over it! Only in Maine! Next year is our 10th anniversary of doing the reunion conferences. Ten years goes by fast!

We did Tai Chi on Sat and Sun, and Sunday morning's Tai Chi was on the beach at 7am - glorious time of the day. The ocean was all in pastels yesterday at sunrise, periwinkle and lavender and pinks with a glistening sheen over it all. Too beautiful to capture with a camera.

We decorated 'sugar eggs' for our arts and crafts project - Enchanted eggs in my terminology. These were sugar egg 'shells' with one end cut off to form a window. You decorate them with objects inside, then put the two halves together with icing and decorate the outside too. I'll post a picture once my pictures are downloaded (after vacation probably).

Last night we visited with some of the aunts and uncles and cousins up at 'the farm', and ate pizza outside on the deck. The funny part about doing that in Maine is that most people put on a sweater or a jacket first! Ha!

Have a great Monday and more blog tomorrow! TTFN!

Comments:
Karen, I'll just "ditto" your portrayal of the weekend at Ferry Beach, and also say that the way you described the ocean in the morning sunrise is the best ever! And thanks to you and Heidi as coordinators for getting together such a great program and having everything go very smoothly. Your hard work made a wonderful conference for the rest of us! I need to mention my sister, Nancy, coming 3,000 miles from CA for the weekend! Thanks, Nancy! Great seeing you and hope you aren't too exhausted today at work.
And now we can enjoy having you (Karen) here in Maine with us, and Evan, too, arriving tomorrow!
 
Wow! Didn't know Evan was going up to visit too! How nice! Sounds like it was a perfect weekend. Can't wait to see everyone HERE soon! xoxoxoxo
 
Change of plans - Evan has to work so he won't be visiting. That's okay, we'll see him on Saturday!
 
I loved the Ferry Beach weekend--I loved the ocean, the rocking chairs that Karen helped raise the money for, the alumni group, the activities organized by Karen and Heidi (my egg wasn't anything to write home about) and getting in touch with Universalism again at the Grove Services. Ferry Beach is a magical place and I hope to come back each year, and in 2011 will be living a half-hour drive up the coast from Ferry Beach. Thanks Peggy and Karen for encouraging me to attend. My return trip entailed a bus from Portland to Boston, Boston to JFK, JFK to San Francisco arriving at 1:30 a.m.-14 hours in transit. But it was worth it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?