Friday, August 24, 2007

 

Day 550 - Vacation has begun!

Greetings, Bloggy Non-Vacationers!

Coffee is brewing (Dunkin Donuts regular). Actually I'm drinking some now, with equal and 1.5% milk in it.

I've already been in the shower this morning and dressed for the day. I have a purple and white tie dye t-shirt on, capris pants, and a white mesh jacket. I feel like Nancy Drew - I just need to step out and get into my convertible like she does... (ha!)

Dinner last night - boiled lobster, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and cukes, cantalope afterward, and homemade chocolate chip cookies (yes, I had one). Mmmmm.

It rained here overnight, I thought it was just my imagination to hear rain... Temp is 60 and it is supposed to turn hot and humid here for the weekend (just what I'm used to, go figure). Hopefully it won't be too hot at the ocean, where we're headed.

We're picking up Aunt Nancy at the airport this morning, then heading to Saco Maine for the weekend on a 3-day retreat. We'll be having lunch at Huots restaurant in Camp Ellis, ME - where they have outstanding haddock chowder, the best I have ever tasted, and wonderful fried clams.

I won't be blogging again till Monday, so have a wonderful weekend! I know I will!

Comments:
I hope you have a great session at Ferry Beach, wish I were there, too. Smell the place for me (there's a certain smell to Ferry Beach, and the buildings.) I remember smoking cigarettes underneath whatever the hall was with the stage, I can't think of the name of it right now. Bad girl. It was in the sand, it was safe.
 
Marcia, that is so funny! That building is 'Rowland Hall'. I'll tell your story to the group tonight. My favorite memory of Rowland Hall is singing 'Leaving on a Jet plane' and CRYING over it. Sheesh. Teenage girls.
 
Oh, Happy Day! Karen is here and we're off to Ferry Beach, picking up Aunt Nancy, and we'll be joined there by Aunt Peggy and good friend, Eleanor, and another U U Church friend, Nancy who is leading us in tai chi tomorrow--on the beach I hope! Hi Lyn, Marcia, and Heather!
 
Hi everyone! That's funny, Mom, that your memory is of singing a song that I sing all the time. I don't cry though...haha!
I remember the smell of Ferry Beach...don't remember much else, but I do remember the smell. Have a great time!! xoxoxox
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?