Thursday, August 16, 2007

 

Day 542 - I live on good soup, not fine words!

Greetings, Bloggy Articulates! How are your vowels feeling today?

'I live on good soup, not fine words' is a quote from Moliere, a french actor and playwright.

I agree. I like fine words, but I like good soup even more. If it were me, I'd say 'Throw in summa dem yeller carrots in that there good soup!'

So - back to the heat. It's too hot to eat soup. I've heard two different high temps for Columbia yesterday - 105 and 106. We have had 11 triple digit days. (gross!)

Water aerobics at 6 tonight, and I might just get subway sandwiches for supper or salads or something.

Only four short business days after today to wrap up everything I had hoped to accomplish before I leave on vacation. Sounds kinda skimpy at the moment, doesn't it?

Is anyone watching the 'Think you can dance' show? My faves - Sabra and Danny. I even voted for Sabra, and I've never voted for anyone on those shows. Their Cha-cha-like dance last night was great.

Hey - it's after 6 already and I haven't said much. Guess I'd better get my vowels in gear...

TTFN and have a nice Thursday!

Comments:
We voted on American Idol. Some of the time. Then Kelly wanted to vote for one person and I wanted to vote for another and our votes were cancelling each other out. One day I voted for four of them. Out of six or something. Kelly just shook his head.
 
I never voted for anyone on the shows, but I always wanted to. Just couldn't justify spending money on it though. Cheap-o. :)

Happy Thursday!!!!!
 
They were toll-free numbers, I think. We have a one-rate thing anyway, so it didn't cost extra.
 
Moliere should be eating alphabet soup..then he can have both his fine words and his good soup, oui?
 
Karen, Oppressive heat will come to an end next Thurs! We haven't been watching "think you can dance", maybe we should. It's Red Sox Nation up here most nights when they are playing and we're home! I did vote once on American Idol for the singer from Nashville (already her name escapes me!) No extra charge on my cell phone, Heather. Alphabet soup---cute! I have all the ingredients for Venus de Milo soup but it has been too hot here most days to make it. Traveling to Prov tomorrow for the William weekend! See some of you there!
 
I love that--the William weekend. So happy he's home -- the news from over there yesterday and today is just awful.

William, alphabet soup (very clever, Lyn) and Moliere--what could be better.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?