Wednesday, August 15, 2007

 

Day 541 - Midweek and ONE WEEK TILL VACATION!

Greetings, Bloggy Gotta-go-to-work-ers!

We are still having weather here in the 100's. It is unreal! Too hot to 'lay out' at the pool. I tried to 'lounge' after my swim yesterday, and the metal on the lounge chairs was so hot it burned my feet!

I am sitting here, blogging, with a cup of coffee (foame' latte' that Charlie made for me) on one side of the computer, and a quart mason jar of ice water on the other side, practicing my 'hydration exercises' (meaning, drinking something).

I just finished slathering hand lotion on myself too - it is hot, dry and uncomfortable here!

The weather.com website says 104 for the high here today. Yuck. It is already 72 and will climb fast once the sun comes up. I think this has been the hottest August on record here.

Hey - have you noticed how the days are changing? We get up at 5, and the sunrise isn't until after 6am! More Yuck.

The good news - ONE WEEK FROM TODAY is my last day at work until after vacation! Wahoo, it really is almost here! I'd better start packing! I have my brandy-new suitcase on the guest bed with some stuff in it already, and lots to add.

I started a packing checklist on the computer too. Note to self: hope I remember to look at the checklist!

By the way, today is the fifth anniversary of Charlie and I moving out here to the country. Happy Anniversary, house! We love it here.

TTFN and have a nice day!

Comments:
I enjoyed the Evanisms, Karen. You're not a pinhead! I like that: "Where am I handsome?"
 
Can I upset you by telling you it only reached 70 for a high here yesterday, and today at noon it is only 66 degrees! Boy, can I sympathize, Karen--104 day after day! Can't wait to see you a week from tomorrow! Wish you could be with us this weekend for Will's homecoming!
 
And every morning and night in the summer I complain about our chilly fog and breezes. It's never perfect weather anywhere (except maybe San Diego).

Can't believe you've been at the ranch for 5 years! Wow!
 
PS: It did reach 78 degrees about 3 this afternoon, and muggy!
 
hey its the sister comin at ya from way up on high...how high you ask? why its so high the little birds are lookin up and the flag poles are a wavin.

but be that as it may. enough of my elevated mood, so glad am I to greet you back on the blog.

Steve is out back snipping away at something in the yard. It is almost dark now, and if he knows what is good for him he'll put those snippers down.

Karen, I'm STILL wishing you'll be there for the party on Sunday, but very glad that your much deserved vacation will be starting soon.

I've been grossly overworked since I last wrote in, so now I'll enjoy reading back through the past several days! Now I want to know about the pinhead part.
 
The pinhead comment is one of my favorites (a pinhead is someone smart). Another Evan-ism about his Mom 'Don't you HATE it when she's always RIGHT?' Ha! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?