Saturday, August 11, 2007

 

Day 537 - Treasure hunting at Goodwill

Greetings, Bloggy Bargain Hunters!

Here is the story to explain the photo I've posted...

Buddy Joe is spending the night tonight after a trip to Amish Country and Papa Boudreaux's Cajun place.

I've had two bags of stuff sitting in the guest room that I've needed to bring to Goodwill.

As I needed to clean up the guest room, I decided to do that at my lunch hour yesterday.

I dropped off the bags (mostly clothes and shoes) at the Goodwill drive up area, then parked and went inside for a few minutes. BOY AM I GLAD I DID!

I am now the proud owner of a Chico's Design knit shirt that is NEW WITH TAGS. The tag reads $78, and I left the Goodwill tag on it so you can see I paid $4.29 for it. OH YES! LIFE IS GOOD!

And of course it is lovely, it is washable and it fits perfectly! I wouldn't want to leave that part out. I am definitely bringing it on vacation in 2 weeks.

I have so many Chico's clothes now I could wear something every day of the week. And I never paid retail or store price for any of it.

Thank you, Chicos and Goodwill! TTFN! Gotta go swim!

Comments:
Wow!!! You find such great stuff! I need to go shop at Goodwill! ;)
Just left Evan, had a nice bday party today. We can't wait to see you! xoxoxo
 
You surely have an eye and a knack for bargains! We paid $13. today for a hand-made doiley at the Veteran's Home craft fair. It's fairly large so as to fit on the maple lamp table in the living room. Nice but not a "bargain". Have to go make some cookies for tomorrow's Legion/Auxiliary picnic, and we might go to the Old Timey dance tonight. Also today we went to the Congregational Church rummage sale, and then to the luncheon at the S Paris Universalist church--choice of lobster salad roll or chicken salad. Uncle Joe and Peg were there also. Nice seeing them. Heather and Evan--can't wait to see you over Labor Day weekend, and hopefully for Will's homecoming on the 19th. Must call Lyn to check on this.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?