Friday, August 10, 2007

 

Day 536 - It's FRIDAY-licious!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Friday has rolled around again.

You know what to do! Form a circle, chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

By the way - this photo is not the same circle of people as last week (or was it the week before?)

My work day yesterday was from 7am-5:40pm, I barely made it to 6pm water aerobics.

Water aerobics was fun; there were 4 other participants, plus me, and the instructor. A good sized group.

Instructor: 'What should we work today? Arms, or legs?'
Stupid me: 'Both!'
Instructor: Grins with sadistic pleasure...

A new and difficult exercise we did yesterday. We have hand-held weights that look like two round pieces of styrofoam on either end of a stick.

We needed to swim from one end of the pool to the other using the weights instead of our hands, with the overhand crawl stroke.

Talk about shoulder and arm and leg exercise... I had water shoes on too, and the instructor said to swim with the aqua shoes on adds another 5lbs of resistance.

Anyway, I'm not sore so it was just right!

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone! TTFN!

Comments:
Boy, that's great, you make me want to take aquacise classes! You must be getting in pretty good shape! Just let me publish my comment that you're looking very well these days, Karen..
 
Sounds like a good class! I want to go too! Fun stuff. Have a great weekend Mamma! Love you! Poo Bear birthday party tomorrow. Yay! xoxo
 
That sounds hard! We use those thinggies to do weight training but I've never had to swim using them. You've (almost) inspired me to go to the Sat. 10:30 class tomorrow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?