Tuesday, August 07, 2007

 

Day 533 - Whatta Melon!

Greetings, Bloggy Gardeners!

This is a photo of the cantalope Charlie brought in from the garden yesterday. OMIGOSH.

The &^%$# groundhog was starting to nibble on it so we knew it was ripe! Tough luck, groundhog, it's OUR FOOD.

THIS MELON IS AS BIG AS THE WHOLE DARN KITCHEN SINK! ENORMOUS! SPECTACULAR!

I sliced half of it into a half gallon tupperware container, and the other half into another half gallon container to bring to TY and SY when we met at Cracker Barrel last night.

It is absolutely delicious, I have some in my lunch bag to eat at work today. I should have weighed it before I sliced it - it weighed several pounds!

Charlie thinks that was the biggest one out there, but there are several other ones still in the garden that are nearly as big. We are just going to need to eat cantalope at every meal...

It'll be another 100 degree day today. Gotta go swim after work, if it's too hot outdoors I'll have to swim inside!

Have a nice Tuesday and TTFN!

Comments:
Whatta-melon!? That's a cantalope! Haha. Wish it was here, Karen. Sure looks good. I just had a native peach. Steve and I took a ride to get some corn on Sunday. Pretty darn good right now. Still, the best corn I ever had was grown right outside of Mom's house.
Always that way.
We got some flowers so I can finish planting an AUTUMN garden now - OK I said it, I start early.
Mums and such.
Will's party will be coming up, probably the 19th. Bring your own melon. Sure wish KAREN could be there!
Yesterday I got mandated to work a double shift. So, lets see, Will surprised me over the weekend by showing up, then left for NY with his 280Z car on Sat am. The block cracked when he got there. So Sun night, he came back to get his Camry. I possibly got to sleep by midnight.
Up at 5, then working 7am till 11:30pm a job that NEVER lets you let your guard down.
Crab crab crab.
Nice to be needed, right?
 
Almost forgot - the luggage! Yes indeed. Haven't lost your touch. That is some fine lookin luggage. May it always roll with you and not against you.
 
MMMMmmm, some nice corn on the cobbage would be good! Sorry to hear about Wills car!
 
Karen, So sorry it is so hot there! We had a few 90 degree days, then a cool day yesterday, and about 84 today. I went with Aunt Mary Ann and Ray (Gil had to get ready for Bingo) to a local Legion baseball team play-off game today--this is a team of high school kids who keep playing baseball during the summer--anyway we won 7-4 which makes them the 4th highest in the State. They will play again tomorrow.
That melon is something else! Yum!
Glad to know the date for Lyn and Steve's get-together for Will. We'll be there of course!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?