Monday, August 06, 2007

 

Day 532 - Bloggage about Baggage

Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-ghers!

First - an apology to Lyn for not having done a 'church sign' posting yesterday.

Lyn - we passed a church in Columbia yesterday and the sign said 'We're not Dairy Queen, but we have great Sundays!' I liked it. ;-)

Second - I have my new luggage, I am ready for my vacation! I bought it at Belks department store in Columbia. I had never been to a Belks before, but I saw in their Sunday flyer that luggage was on sale.

You just won't believe what I paid for it. It isn't a fancy name brand but it has those 360 degree 'spinner' wheels on it that help your luggage roll in any direction, and it's made of a durable material. Those two things are what I cared about.

I looked at 'nested' sets. I brought 2 sets to the register because we couldn't tell what the price was! One was a 4 or 5 piece red set from Regal, and the other was a 5 piece from Leisure. Both sets (it was my understanding) were on sale for $99.99, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway - Charlie rolled up one set and I rolled the other to the checkout place and I asked a nice (but no personality) young man to do a price check on them. The red set was on sale for $99, what I expected.

When he rang up the Leisure set (this set was the only Leisure brand at the display), he said 'This set is on sale for $30'. I said 'Are you sure?'

He acted like he was offended that I didn't believe him and turned the computer monitor toward me.

I said 'I'll take it!' and started fishing in my wallet to pay for it before he decided he'd made a mistake. He said it was a closeout and was on sale for 70% off.

AND for tax free weekend there wasn't any tax on it! I couldn't be happier.

TTFN!

Comments:
WOW!! A $30.00 luggage set?? Can't get better than that! YAY!!!!!!
 
Can't wait to see you and the new luggage! We're going out to see the movie "Hairspray". And Karen, check out Sat's blog comments as I put mine in rather late in the evening.
 
Yes, I will be inspecting that luggage also.

We thought of you Friday while enjoying lobster rolls and lobster stew ("Mom's" choice) next to the pounding surf at Two Lights Lobster Shack, Cape Elizabeth.
 
Lobster rolls and lobster stew!! I can't wait to be there! I just put a luggage tag on the largest of my new suitcases (the one I'll be bringing on vacation).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?