Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

Day 526 - Monday begone, Tuesday behere!

Greetings, Bloggy Buddies! How be ye this morning?

My overnight jobs at work (which I usually check before I blog) have already finished, which is a good sign - let's begin the day with no problems, shall we?

Cracker Barrel last night was delicious, lately I've been having their grilled steak salad, which is an 8 oz steak grilled and sliced thin over a salad. YUM. Charlie had spicy grilled catfish.

Our server brought out our bread right away too, so we could munch while we waited for our entrees to cook.

I have meant to tell a story about the weekend.

While exercising at the health club's outdoor pool on Sunday, I noticed that landscapers were busy mulching the trees and shrubs. It's very late in the year to be mulching, but since the health club didn't open till late may, maybe that's why it wasn't already done.

You know we're in a severe drought this year (and some of last year). The landscapers were tenderly mulching all the DEAD shrubs too, and there are many of those. Maybe theres a hope they're not completely gone, but they sure look gone to me.

Thought I'd pass that along - maybe if they had had some mulch earlier, they wouldn't be in such bad shape?

TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
Good Tuesday to you my dear, I am catching up on the blog after a few days immersed at work.

In our home town, we have a local celeb who ust got out of the federal pen, and there are those of us who have sympathetic feelings towards this fellow, having seen him all our lives at ALL of our local functions large and small. Controversy notwithstanding, Karen, your Rat Radio idea could go over big, as a feature on his up and coming radio show, as a humorous aside...it may (or may not) be appreciated, hearkening back to the fact that it was a "rat" that brought down a bunch of locals. There was no evidence which put the person in question in prison for approximately 5 years, just guilt by association.

I think it is VERY clever. You should mail the idea to yourself, so you can prove it is yours!
 
Oh yes....one more thing, this being the last day of JULY, that means tomorrow is:


STEVE's BIRTHDAY!!!!

One of the psychiatrists I work with told me over the weekend that men don't get old. So, folks, there you have it. The inside scoop. Men do not get old.
... And here I have been thinking all this time that my patients, wrinkled in skin, rigid in posture, needing assistance to walk - here I have been thinking these men are OLD! Could have fooled me. Doctor knows best.
 
Hi Karen and Lyn, and Happy Birthday tomorrow to Steve. We won't ask his age since he is ageless! And Karen, we'll watch for stuff for the Rat Radio and post it on the blog. Such as: while driving yesterday to visit friends over at Mooselonskee Lake, the car in front of us passed the car in front of him and Gil estimated that the car being passed speeded up at least 5 miles per hour as he was being passed!
 
"Mom", tell the people it's a 2 lane road so even scarier--and who wouldn't love the name Mooselonskee Lake? I probably used to neck over there eons ago. (another passe word.)

I've probably said this before but I'll take catfish over steak anytime--I love it.

Lyn, is your local celeb the one someone wrote a (very good) book about?

Last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!
 
Happy Birthday Steve! And happy Tuesday everyone! HUGS! xoxo
 
Kelly says people do that to him all the time, speed up when he passes. I think sometimes, (not always) people speed up without realizing it, just because something is going by them faster. and they unconsciously speed up. But that's just me, since I'm mostly unconscious.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?