Monday, July 30, 2007

 

Day 525 - Salsa, Anyone?

Greetings, Monday morning Blah-ghers!


We have a plethora of tomatoes from the garden at the moment.


I'll bet the tomatoes in MAINE haven't even started ripening yet.


I made homemade salsa yesterday for the very first time, and it is unbelievably good.

Anyway, I made a gallon or so of salsa - completely filling my stew pot below.



Ingredients: Fresh garden tomatoes, vidalia onions, and one package of 'Mrs. Wages' salsa seasoning.


It's a bit of work to make homemade salsa - more than I thought it would be.


When you make homemade spaghetti sauce or stewed tomatoes, there's no real chopping involved.

It's also a pain to remove the skins from the tomatoes - you have to steep them for a few minutes in hot water to slip the skins off.

However, the result is AWESOME and I might make another batch. It's that good.

Have a nice Monday and TTFN!

Comments:
Looks good, congratulations! Now you two can put on some salsa music and have some salsa!
 
That looks AWESOME! Bring me some!!! ;)
Happy Monday again...ick.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?