Friday, July 27, 2007

 

Day 522 - The week is done, and so is my book!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

It's friday and I've finished my book.

I agree that it's a sad feeling to finish a book that you want to read MORE of. There are many books like that.

You know what to do - grimace in a circle, chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Har-ry! Har-ry! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Last night I got home and the garage door wouldn't open - turned out we were having a power failure.

I had to leave my car outside, go to the front door (that we honestly never use), and open two locks (that we honestly never use) to get in. Thank goodness the locks didn't give me any trouble!

Heather sent me a present once, and we thought it was lost - all because it was left at the front door that we never use.

Then, last night after I had reset the clocks and our wake-up alarms, we had another power failure. Here we go again. Sheesh.

Have a great Friday and a great weekend, everyone! TTFN!

Comments:
Happy Friday! I spent the morning here at work waiting for AAA to come get my keys out of my car AGAIN! I'm going at lunch to get a new spare made as I'm obviously too distracted lately to be trusted with keys. Haha. Hope the book was wonderful and the weekend is great for you! Love you!!!
 
Poor Heather! Yes, a spare set of keys is the answer! Gil and I picked 3 and 1/2 qts of blueberries this morning out at Brenda and Rusty's house. It was too hot (90 degrees) for me at 10:45 to last more than an hour so I went inside to enjoy the air conditioning! So we had blueberries, fresh raspberries from our friend, Janet, and milk for our dessert at lunch time. I'm going down to help on the church supper shortly--my first time helping and I hope they have air conditioning! Have a fun weekend everyone!
 
Well, you all, there are those of us who take care of those of you who get sick on holidays and weekends, evenings and nights...we are the stalwart, the trusty, yes (the ones who go around with bags under our eyes). I'm working this weekend. In fact, I worked pretty hard today. And so, now I will rest while Steve zooms around on that motorcycle. Yesterday we went about 150 miles. It was FUN.

By the way, I'm reading The Kite Runner. I'l bet they make a movie from it.

Do you know that cigarettes in the south are 1/2 the price as in the north? We bought some for a few people, and I do feel like smoking again. Believe me I won't, or I will die for sure, but I just can't buy them without wanting to smoke. In 6 weeks I'll have 3 years. And I'm on 3 meds for breathing. (!)
 
Hi everyone - Heather, I am sorry again about your keys! Lyn, I quit smoking around 1990 and haven't even had so much as a PUFF since then, and I won't either! Nowadays I wouldn't smoke just because of the expense.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?