Thursday, July 26, 2007

 

Day 521 - 50 pages left with Harry Potter

Greetings, Bloggy Thursday-Thirsting-for-the-weekenders!

I have 50 pages to go, and I'll read a few of those this morning.

Someone at work said yesterday 'I'm almost done and I want to cry - not because of what's happening, but because I'm going to finish the last book!'

Message to Lyn - no spoilers on the blog, but I'll send you an email with a recap if you'd like.

Apologies for 'blog brevity' - but I've gotta go!

TTFN and have a nice day!

Comments:
Almost time for the weekend! Yay! I'm wondering if I should buy those books now after watching everyone else carrying theirs around...will reading it spoil the next movie? ;)
 
Good Morning Karen and Various Folk,

Here is my opinion on Book Vs Movie: In my middling to long life, I have witnessed that books are in detail and scope far superior to any movie experience. The mind can create far better imagery and mood than Hollywood any day.
The best book to movie I have seen is "To Kill A Mockingbird" with Gregory Peck. It truly could not have come closer to revealing the book.

After not having read Lord of the Rings for over 20 years, those movies did a pretty good job. But I never would trade reading the books...by the end of the trilogy, I remember almost BELIEVING that there had been a middle earth. The forces of good and evil at war long before the advent of our day...
 
And I thought the dead really did come to life to fight against evil in the 3rd Lord of the Rings movie--that was my favorite part (except for Legolas of course, Karen!). It was so real, and so unexpected! I used to think "Well, I'll read this, and I'll read that when I'm retired". Now that I'm retired I'm thinking, "Will I ever get time to read this last Harry Potter book?" I'm still reading Lucy Maud Montgomery's journals!
 
Hi gang - it's 8:40pm and I just finished Harry Potter. The last third of the book was the best! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?