Tuesday, July 17, 2007

 

Day 512 - A Birthday Cake for a Princess!

Greetings, Bloggy Princes, Princesses, and Frogs...

As you recall, I went to a birthday party this past Saturday for a one-year-old.

This is a photo of the birthday cake - bar none, the most beautiful and elaborate birthday cake I have ever seen!

My friend DW did the decorating of the cake herself, but a bakery made the cake. DW said she saved $40 on the cake by decorating it herself - I was too polite to ask what the cake cost! It was fabulous, and of course I tried a piece. It tasted like wedding cake, by the way. White cake with white icing.

Accompanying the cake were strawberry/white chocolate covered strawberries, ice cream, fruit, and cheese and crackers. YUM-O!

The baby got a huge, round piece of the cake to 'mangle' all by herself, and the photos are awesome. She got a bath after getting her fill of cake.

Let's recap - chocolate milkshake last Friday, cake and ice cream on Saturday, Chilis and Mango Margaritas on Sunday, and Cracker Barrel on Monday. Uh-oh...

I think I gained a pound this week, I hope it's only a pound. I made a salad this morning for my lunch. Guilt guilt guilt.

Have a nice Tuesday, everyone!


Comments:
What's this kid going to get when she's 4? Very adorable and impressive that the Mom decorated the cake herself. I'll never forget Eric's 1st birthday and the look on his face at his first taste of ice cream--a combination of shock and joy. Which is kinda what life is anyway.
 
What an amazing cake!!! WOW! I want one for my birthday ;)
xoxoxo
 
Yum-o, but I bet you could make a better cake, better tasting..
 
I just read the last few day's blogs, and the stuff about the big toe is pretty funny, there, Karen. It absolutely, positively means that you have a horrible foot fetish and you need to see someone right away!
Sheesh!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?