Thursday, July 12, 2007

 

Day 507 - What Condition my Condition(er) is in...

Greetings, Bloggy Long Hairs!

First, let me say that I surely am happy it's Thursday! Hooray! One more day till Friday.

Just another 6 weeks or so till my vacation, by the way - so start preparing NOW for some days with NO BLOG when I am not near a computer.

Let's talk about a personal, sensitive subject.... HAIR CONDITIONER. I ought to own stock in hair product companies.

I try so many kinds of conditioner that the kinds I don't like accumulate in the guest bath or in the linen closet. What? Throw something away??? Lets get real... I read that you should use the conditioners you don't like instead of soap when you shave your legs. That's a better idea.

Right now I am trying all the 'straight hair' brands.

Right now in the cupboard or on the edge of the bathtub I have:

Pantene Extra Straight
Pantene Smooth and Sleek
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight
Sunsilk Straighten-up

My favorites at the moment are Pantene Smooth and Sleek, and Sunsilk Straighten-up.

So much for the semi-commercial this morning... Have fun with your lather-rinse-repeat schedule!

TTFN and have a great Thursday!

Comments:
I have a terrible time with conditioner too...even when I find one I like, it loses it's punch after a few uses...oh well ;) Won't be at work tomorrow, so no computer till Monday. Have a great weekend! xoxoxo
 
Hello!

Here is a subject that I enjoy, having more than a couple feet of hair and no split ends. I like Pantene conditioner, and usually use it until it starts to build up, then switch to TreSemme which never seems to build up.

If my hair is messed up during the day, I use a spray on conditioner By Kusco Murphy which I buy from the salon. Never brush without it if you can help it, and your hair will say AHHHH insted of rip rip rip.
Tip: never let your hair blow free on a motor cycle (below the helmet of course). By the time the ride is over, you look like the bride of Frankenstein. And it takes conditioner to get the snarles out.
 
..does your bottle of sooth and silky Pantene say "Liso e Sedoso?"
Just about all products around here are bilingual.
 
Sorry, had a man telling me to take off my clothes when I hit "publish." Spelled SMooth wrong. Intrigued? Steve was saying "better to wear jeans than shorts to ride today since we'll be gone longer, and wear you boots, not sneakers."
The other night I didn't give a hoot and went out for a ride with sandles on, oh, my right foot felt like a hot foot. Remember that terrible burn you got Karen? Those same pipes can put out the heat when you are just riding along.

Speaking of conditioner for straightening, when we took Samantha out for lunch the other day, she had such a burn on her left shoulder from ironing her hair to for our lunch out. Not one peep of complaint out of her. Just like her Dad.
Gotta go, he is back from filling the tank.
 
Hey, me again, we got back a little while ago, rode 107 miles. Stopped for lunch at the Middle of Nowhere diner - the name tells you where we were at the time.

Perfect day, so incredible. The way you can experience the open road on a bike, the sights, the sky, the panorama of colors, and the feel of the breezes. There is no other way to cover as much distance with as much ease on a bicycle. In a car, you lose the 360 degree vista.

Now here is what you may never hear about: as I rode along,I would, now and then feel what I thought was "sap" coming off the trees. When we stopped at the diner, I noticed my face was dirty, here and there a little spot of dirt. I wondered about this, and mentioned it to Steve. Yeah, you know how you get bugs on your windsheild?
Add to that, I felt something hit me on the leg, a short, almost sharp hit. We were going fast. I told Steve right away. It was a bird! He thought he had missed it.
If I hadn't had my jeans on, it would have hit my bare leg. And there you have it.
 
Hi Lyn, I have a round patch of skin on my right leg from the muffler burn that has never been the same color as the rest of my skin. Remind me and I'll show you!
 
Karen, the look of pain on your face and that terrible burn on your leg is indellibly imprinted in my memory. If I could have traded places with you I would have. And not a peep out of you. That made it even harder. Me, I would have HOWLED.
 
OK, let's hear DETAILS of the muffler burn story!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?