Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 

Day 506 - The latest Harry Potter movie opens today!

Greetings, Wizards and Witches! All aboard the Hogwarts Express!

HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX opens today, and I am really looking forward to it. I'll probably go this weekend sometime.

Do you ever go to the movies during the week? I don't unless I'm on vacation.

I also pre-ordered the last book in the Harry Potter series which comes out later this month. That one will be a nail-biter.

Note to self - reread the last book so I am prepared...

I have a funny story from water aerobics class yesterday.

The Tuesday afternoon instructor is a short, rather stocky gal, very fit of course. I was the only person in class yesterday, so she and I did all the exercises together.

We did sprints and jumps and underwater weights and kickboard and various 'motion' exercises with arms and legs. She mentioned that her class concentrates on cardio, which explains why we are in constant motion for an hour!

She took a pool noodle and wrapped it around her waist with the ends pointing backward. I had to hold the ends like reins and try to prevent her from moving forward, like a tug of war.

The first time we began, I braced my feet on the bottom of the pool and held on. She made no progress at all.

She looked back at me over her shoulder in surprise and remarked 'YOU are STRONG!' (Of course, I probably weigh a lot more than she does, which helps). But she had to double her efforts and work hard from that point on, so SHE got a good workout too on that exercise. Tee hee.

TTFN folks! Have a great Wednesday!

Comments:
I like your aerobics story! Must be fun to have a whole class to yourself!!!!
Will be seeing Harry Potter this weekend too...YAY! xoxoxo
 
Karen, make that gal work for her pay! People make fun of water aerobics but with a good instructor those classes can be tough.
 
Hey hey what do you say it's Harry Potter time. Millions of dollars suddenly fly out of people's pockets! Just a joke - I like the movies too ya know.

The water aerobics sound like fun. Today I worked out by scrubbing the floor. Cinderella me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?