Monday, July 09, 2007

 

Day 504 - Monday is here - again and again and again

Greetings, Bloggy Work-weekers!

Monday is here again, and the work week begins...

Today's photo is of one of our summer squash plants. The yellow squash has been super-prolific this year, the zucchini hasn't been as 'frisky'.

I am bringing a whole box of squash and cucumbers to work today.

Charlie and I eat squash, tomatoes and cukes almost every day, but of course there are WAY too many for two people to consume.

I almost brought some to the health club yesterday - I hate to waste beautiful garden vegetables! I need to make some spaghetti sauce to freeze, but I hate taking the skins off tomatoes, and if I leave them on, I have to pick the skin-bits out later. *sigh*

Charlie and I had a nice swim at the health club yesterday - we had the entire outdoor pool area to ourselves. Now tell me, is that worth $59 a month? YES, indeedy.

We went on a country drive yesterday to find a fish hatchery in Fayetteville, TN - just to go check it out. We went through other small towns (like Lois, TN) and actually were a mile away from Lynchburg at one point - where the Jack Daniels distillery is. We saw a lot of bikers and fancy cars headed that way...

We stopped at Wal-mart (squall-mart) in Lewisburg, TN on the way home. They had watermelons for $3.50 apiece. That is very inexpensive for a watermelon.

I bought a YELLOW seedless watermelon to try, as soon as we finish the red watermelon I've got in the fridge right now!

There is just too much food to eat in the summertime... But I'll keep trying...

Lyn - Lobster pie sounds too good to be true - I haven't stopped thinking about it! TTFN!

Comments:
Happy Monday! Back to work, so now I'm back to the blog too! Miss you all! Veggies sound super yummy! Hopefully I'll have a garden someday!! ;)
xoxoxoxo
 
Hi Heather! I had to drive all the way home just now, then I'll drive all the way back to work, because I forgot my swim stuff this morning. Grrrrr. Love you!
 
Hi Karen!

SO glad to read the BLOG today, please disregard the email where I tell you that I am worried because it was late, and you had said yesterday that you and Charlie were going exploring...fade in dueling banjos. Heather perhaps you aren't old enough to get that joke. (Deliverance?)
We are going to take Samantha out for a sweet seventeenth lunch. her birthday is the same day Will's coming home, so we will miss it. We are going to the Governor Francis Inn. If the food is good, it will be Francis with the tight pantsis as they say. Another oldie. Gosh I am old. Feelin it.

I've been listening to this Nashville station on the XM, and I heard this song where the set up is all these women sipping their drinks taking about what kind of man they want, and the one singing shocks all her friends by saying she wants a biker dude. "Always been a good girl...played by the rules" But inside she wants to be a biker chick and ride fast holding on tight to the guy. Guess that would be me, cause I seem to have no problem on the back of that bike.
Hey gotta go!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?