Saturday, July 07, 2007

 

Day 502 - Ahhhh, Saturday!

Greetings, Sure-Happy-It's-Saturdayers!

Hey - it's 7-7-7 today! That MUST be a lucky number!

It's also the date that one of my 'old' health club memberships expire - my rec center membership. No loss there, I don't miss it one teensy bit.

I am going to hit the road in about an hour to go to 8am water aerobics.

I am in the mood for oatmeal for breakfast this morning, Sturms all natural cranberry oatmeal, actually.

Reminder to self - I need gas too.

Have you ever read the book about the origin of the various blood types and where they came from, and diet recommendations based on your blood type? I believe it's called 'Eat right for your type'. I am a B-, by the way.

Anyway - I was reading sections of that book, and oatmeal is recommended but wheat is not. I eat a lot of wheat though - oops. I'm also supposed to avoid shellfish, chicken, corn and tomatoes. Not!

I take all that 'advice' with a grain of salt anyway - you just have to figure out what is right for you on your own - because nobody is exactly the same and nobody eats exactly the same things either!

Have a great Saturday, whatever you are doing, and enjoy the weekend! TTFN!

Comments:
When you said, "I think I'll have oatmeal for breakfast", and then followed it up with "Reminder to self" after a quick look I thought you were going to say "It gives me gas"

And, yes, I had tried out the bood-type way of eating, I'm AB negative, and it confirmed for me that I was sensitive to wheat and other things, I thought some of the things it lists as "very beneficial" for the blood type were useful, also. Ultimately I trust myself, not the book. It didn't tell me how sensitive to sugar I am, for example.
 
Marcia, I had that same thought about the gas.

Have a gas free weekend, everybody.
 
Hi Karen,

So, you got a B minus in blood - I got an A minus! The kids saw my blood donor card years ago, when I was in nursing school, and of course, figured my blood type was my grade!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?