Tuesday, July 03, 2007

 

Day 498 - Fireworks Eve!

Greetings, Bloggy Holiday-Watchers!

Will you get out early this afternoon, and do you have tomorrow off?

Today is 4th of July Eve - and local communities are asking people NOT to shoot off fireworks due to the extreme drought conditions.

Nothing like a bunch of fires to fight on the 4th.

This lovely collage of fireworks images look a little like coral (or sea life) to me - whaddya think? Beeeeeee-youtiful.

There is a small mountain of green and yellow beans on the dining room table waiting for my attention, some squash, cukes and three tomatoes! Good job gardening, Charlie!

We had one tomato and some cucumber last night with supper - I like to make tomato and cucumber salad with Italian dressing.

It's already after 6 - so TTFN! Have a great day and a wonderful holiday tomorrow!

Comments:
How are ya Karen,
Yes, that is the MOST remarkable sequence of pics I have ever seen, how that resembles sea life! I would never have guessed fireworks. Steve, Chris, Charles, Corinne, Samantha and her Two Admirers (can't remember their names) all went to McCoy (Red Sox Farm Team) for a cook out a game (White Sox Farm Team won 4-1) and then spectacular fireworks display. We were so lucky. Laughed all evening.
Changing the subject, when Steve and I traveled to TN, I think I saw a sign along the way for Knob Hill. Not sure. I heard a song by Alison Kraus yesterday called Jacob's Dream. About two little boys long ago who followed their father out hunting and got lost in the woods. Even further away, a man named Jacob had a dream about where they were, cold and still. He wouldn't say until his wife insisted he tell his dream, and that is where the boys were found, on Knob Hill. The song brought tears to my eyes. Is Knob Hill in TN? Does Charlie know?
And, you are so lucky to have those beautiful vegetables! I cannot grow any vegetables because of ferrel cats. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. UGH. Flowers only.
 
Lyn--Red Sox baseball and fireworks--what could be better?

Karen--will we be leaving early today? the staff will but not us hard working attorneys (violins here)--

Our fireworks are set off on barges in San Francisco Bay so no fire danger. Warm weather and NO FOG is forecast so the fireworks will be great.

On the family farm they will be eating lobster. Waaaahhhh!!
 
Nice song, Lyn, I downloaded it from Itunes.
 
Gil and I will be among those eating lobster at the farm. Good to hear about fireworks at McCoy Stadium, and on barges in San Francisco Bay. Happy 4th everyone! Love you all!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?