Monday, July 02, 2007

 

Day 497 - Monday of a Holiday Week

Greetings, Monday Morning commuters!

Raise your hand if you are thankful for ANY day off during the week. I am!

I really don't like it when the 4th falls on a Wednesday.

Right smack in the middle of the week doesn't give you much of a chance to take a long weekend or anything. Maybe next year.

Today's photo is of a horse named 'popcorn'. Great name!

The twin white colts I've been seeing down the road are frisky and healthy, and just the cutest things. They aren't a bright white color, they're more of an eggshell or cream color, so I have given them names.

What are the perfect names? Why, little Foame' and Latte', of course! Ha!

I was the only one in the entire pool area yesterday - I had the indoors and outdoors to myself. I even went and got a noodle from the 'float' area and floated around for a while. Decadent.

Charlie and I met his daughter yesterday afternoon and we went out for lunch at a 'Family bar and grill' type place named 'Toots'. It had an interesting mixture of college kids, bikers, and families having lunch.

I had a dozen steamed oysters and a salad. Deeeelicious! Charlie had to help me open them, the shells were pretty stubborn and could have been steamed just a little longer to open more.

I prefer my Oysters Rockefeller that come to the table all ready to eat without any work, but these were really good and really fresh.

Charlie had a french dip sandwich with loaded steamed new potatoes - I tried some of those, they were outstanding.

Gotta get ready for work, folks! TTFN!

Comments:
Yummo, your lunches sound good. Your camera's pretty good, too! Clear pictures.
 
Is this right next door--the horse and boy? Nice picture. Gee, I've never had steamed oysters. Glad Charlie was there to do the hard work! A little cool up here today, it barely got up to 70. Talk to you soon.
 
I've never had steamed oysters either. Only barbecued and raw (or fried, Rockefeller, etc.)
 
Hi gang - steamed oysters were great - a good substitute for clams which are hard to get here. The horse photo I just grabbed from the internet. Not mine!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?