Monday, June 18, 2007

 

Day 483 - Monday, Monday AGAIN

Greetings, Bloggy Apologizers!

Apologies - I didn't even mention Fathers Day yesterday - what kind of blog is this?

Charlie had 'done' Fathers Day last weekend with his daughter, and we went out for dinner then, so I didn't have it on my mind.

For Aunt Nancy - we finished up the trout (there were 4 left) and some BBQ chicken for dinner. Side items - fried sweet potatoes, summer squash, cole slaw, three bean salad, corn light bread.

Charlie got a cute card saying that Fathers Day came to be when all the men, about a month after Mothers Day, said 'Hey, what the....'

Pretty funny.

Changing subjects - it is dark out this morning, teasing us that it might rain. We are TEN inches below normal for this time of the year.

Charlie stopped at our regular vegetable place in Amish country on Saturday. I am sorry to report that he came back empty handed, two puny little cabbages the size of baseballs. No zucchini, no peppers, no onions, NOTHING. I hope they're working on a second planting!

Our blackberries (that I make my jam from) have dried up too - this is the second year in a row with drought that the blackberry vines have not had rain. Good thing I have 'em in the freezer. I have also heard the blueberries won't have a crop this year. Good thing I have 'em in the freezer. I don't think I even mentioned there were no strawberries EITHER. Good thing I have 'em in the freezer.

What would I do without that freezer, pray tell?

TTFN and have a nice Monday!

Comments:
You're pretty funny, Karen- "Good thing I have 'em in the freezer". That would make a good joke about other things in the freezer (use your imagination).
 
Happy Monday Mamma! Sorry I missed your call yesterday, didn't have my phone w/ me. :(
Hope all the bloggie readers are well too. Hugs! xoxo
 
I hope I will be enjoying your blackberry jam at the breakfast table at Ferry Beach, Karen.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?