Saturday, June 16, 2007

 

Day 481 - Trout, Anyone?

Greetings, Bloggy Saturday Lovers!

It is heavenly not to get up until 6am.


Charlie has had a couple successful trout fishing expeditions lately, and we have been enjoying the fresh fish very much.

The upper photo is the catch from a couple weeks ago.


Yesterday, Charlie went fishing with TY, then TY and SY came over for a super-duper trout-fest.



Appetizers - guacamole dip, hummus with pine nuts, and baked chips.



Dinner: Lemon-pepper whole trout (without the heads, silly), grilled vidalia onions and baby summer squash from the garden, coleslaw, three bean salad, and cornbread.



Oh - and let's not forget a couple bottles of delicious 'Crusade' wine from a semi-local (Keg Springs) winery.


Did I tell you about our trip to the winery? I can't remember! Must be the wine!


Anyway, this place makes the most delicious wine that tastes like homemade wine to me - it is sweet and rich and very grape-y.


As you can see, the 'new' Blogger still messes up the formatting when I add pictures. I'm going to leave it as-is because I need to leave soon to go to the 8am water aerobics class!


TTFN and have a nice Saturday!

Comments:
Boy, you made me hungry!
 
Another wonderful day in Tennessee!

Fresh trout is one of my favorite things but I rarely ever have it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?