Friday, June 08, 2007

 

Day 473 - The Verdict is in - gotta shop now!

Greetings, Bloggy Friday Lovers!

You know what to do! March in a circle, chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Well, I have good news and bad news on the car front.

Good news - things are moving along and I got a phone call yesterday afternoon that my car is totaled.

Bad news - I am only getting $6900 for my beautiful CRV from my insurer.

Good news - if I had tried to trade it in with 163,000 miles on it, I am sure they wouldn't have given me that much for it.

Bad news - they say that once the car has been declared a total loss, the amount of time I can keep the rental car is reduced because there won't be repairs. I need to turn in the rental car THIS WEDNESDAY! That puts the pressure on to find something fast or buy new.

Good news - supposedly my company has a 'corporate discount' program with my regular car dealership where I go for service. Maybe they'll have a CRV I want.

Good news - I test drove the 2005 White Special Edition CRV at Drivers Way. It's nice, and it's a possibility, but it's rather pricey and I'd rather buy one from my regular dealership.

That's it for now, folks! Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

Comments:
A clean page! I'll be interested in hearing more about the new car purchase, as I'm planning to buy a "safe" Honda, four-wheel drive, for my retirement (I have 1990 Honda Accord--it's great but no air bags, etc.)
 
I'm sure more about your purchase will be on future blogs. Congratulations! I wish the accident had not happened but maybe this will be compensation!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?