Saturday, June 02, 2007

 

Day 467 - Ahhhh...the Weekend is here....

Greetings, Bloggers and Bloggettes!

(That sounds a little like two bakery items, doesn't it? I'll have a couple of those Danish, a Blogger and a Bloggette, please...)

Looking at this pastry case makes me hungry. I expect it will have the same effect on YOU too...

So! Inquiring minds want to know about my visit to the new pool yesterday.

I left work early (the earliest I have ever left work). I went a different way to get to the Club than I did yesterday. The route I took past the mall was exactly 3.0 miles from work.

I chose a locker, changed into my swimsuit, grabbed a couple of their towels from a pile, and got to the pool a little after 4pm. I also brought a large beach towel to spread over the pool chaise lounge. There were a couple of staff workers chatting in there, and I'm glad because...

Confession: I needed to ask DIRECTIONS to find my way out of the very large and multi-roomed ladies locker room area! (oops, I'll learn my way around). There is a big sign for other lost souls that says 'Clothes on after this point', so you don't accidently end up in the hallway half-clad! I bypassed the ladies lounge whirlpool, but I should have stuck my foot in it to see what the temperature was!

I set up shop on a pool lounge chair outside. It was 90 degrees and a mix of sun and haze from the Florida/Georgia/Tennessee wildfires. You can smell the smoke in the air sometimes.

The outdoor pool has a 'walk-in' feature in the 'kiddie side' of the pool - a graduated decline into the water, then a few steps that separate the kiddie side from the adult side. The kiddie side has a continuous squirting water gun, buckets that fill and dump themselves periodically, and some fountain-type jets here and there. There were a couple of kids playing off and on during my visit.

The outdoor pool was empty when I arrived. (There were a few people sunning, but not in the pool). I enjoyed hogging the pool until a very tan lap swimmer arrived. I just avoided the lane she was using. (there aren't any ropes outdoors, just lanes drawn on the bottom of the pool). Water temperature was 80 degrees, there is a thermometer floating between the kiddie side and the adult side of the pool.

I swam, then lay in the sun for a while, then swam again, then lay in the sun for another while. It was lovely, and just what I wanted on a Friday afternoon.

My buddy Debbie is meeting me at the Nashville pool at 9:30 to swim and lay out again.

TTFN and have a wonderful weekend!

Comments:
Sounds like its pretty good at your new club- sounds very hot in Tennessee. Have a nice weekend. My weekend will be next Wednesday (I have to work on Tuesday!) Oh well. Yesterday I felt horrible and it turns out something I was eating had an ingredient that I wasn't supposed to eat. I'm glad I figured that out!
 
Happy swimming, Karen! We're going to the WP Old Home Days at noon for a kantele demonstration of this beautiful Finnish harp, then a slide show by Milt Inman of all the "old timers". Tonight is my Alumni Banquet, then a street dance. Have a good day and weekend to everyone who comments on the blog!
 
Quick hello! Hope you have a great weekend!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?