Friday, June 01, 2007

 

Day 466 - Happy June and Fit to the MAX!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

You know what to do - March (or float) in a circle, chanting 'Fri-day!' 'Fri-day!', 'Fri-Day'!

Happy June, everyone! It's time to change your calendars and see what picture you'll be viewing for the next month!

Breaking news on the Fitness Front!

My days of commuting 40 miles each way to swim for an hour at my 'nice' healthclub are coming to an end, especially with these high gas prices.

I am now the proud member of THREE health clubs, until my other memberships expire.

For example, my Rec Center membership expires next month. But it's time to say 'So long, cold water and no towels. So long, thirty little kids taking lessons while I'm trying to relax!'

Today I went to visit a brand new 60,000 sq. ft. health club that has just opened (May 21) in Cool Springs. Go to www.prairielife.com to read about it. It's very near the mall and the grocery store and Dunkin Donuts, by the way. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home yesterday to get milk and potato chips.

Not only did I visit the Prairie Life Fitness Center, I joined on the spot! The pools are awesome, the locker room is lovely with soap and lotion and body spray and such - it is very upscale and cushy. I went home with a membership, a t-shirt, a hat, and a water bottle too.

Yes they have free towel service (with onsite laundry), and all of 200 members so far. They stock towels in the locker rooms, and you can also get a pile at the desk when you walk in. You can even rent a gym locker that has laundry service for your yucky gym clothes and sweaty socks to be washed between visits. There is a bathing suit 'dryer' that spins the water out of your suit so you don't have to drip home.

When I went for a tour of the place after work, there was ONE person in the entire indoor pool, and NOBODY in the outdoor pool. (Do I hear Cheering?) There is also a large, rectangular 'co-ed' outdoor jacuzzi and a private, 'ladies' jacuzzi within the ladies locker room lounge area.

It is my understanding that the monthly membership fee covers all the classes you want to take. Classes include water aerobics, dance, regular aerobics, spin, pilates, yoga, etc. You just show up, no extra charge.

There is a cafe and smoothie bar, and you can put your food on your account so you don't have to have money with you.

Need I say more??? I am going there after work tonight to get IN the pool(s). TTFN!

Comments:
Hi Karen, I'm back home again and doing "Maine" things such as baking 2 pies for the public baked bean supper tonight at the W Paris Historical Society--part of the W P Old Home Days which goes all weekend. Tomorrow night is my alumni banquet (Class of '54) that Gil and I will attend.

I'm so happy about your new pool!!!! Enjoy!
 
Your new health club sounds very good, hope you have fun there. Tell us all about it tomorrow...
 
The health club sounds PERFECT! Sign me up!!! I'll be there in the morning...;)
xoxoxoxo
Fri-DAY! Fri-DAY!
 
Karen: I've been hoping you would join a nicer health club-you deserve it! This new one is like my club--it gives an added incentive to go to the gym.

We have a lot of free classes but they charge for pilates and some special Yoga programs, which I haven't done. I either swim or use the elliptical. Have been derelict at both the last month though. Your diligence is an inspiration!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?