Monday, May 28, 2007

 

Day 462 - Happy Birthday Mom and Happy Memorial Day!

Greetings, Bloggy Monday-off-ers!

Happy Birthday to my mother, and Happy Memorial Day to everyone else! Mom, I hope my card arrived!

Here is a photo of my mother and sister Marcia in the late 50's. Lovely, Lovely, Lovely.

It's nice to have a mother who is beautiful inside and out, isn't it?

Realization of the day: Gosh, I think I love Monday if it's a Holiday! What a difference a holiday makes. On a work day, we'd already have been up half an hour. On a Holiday, I feel like I'm getting up early.

We have a cookout to go to that's about an hour away, and we were notified to arrive anytime after 10:30 this morning.

That means I'm going to go to swim very early, then we'll get ready to go when I get back.

TTFN and Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear mother, Happy Birthday to you!

Comments:
Happy day off, everyone. It's a sad holiday, though, especially with this war gong on. Thanks for the beautiful picture of Mom, Karen. Bye!
 
Hi Karen, Lovely picture of Mom, we are so fortunate to be here today to share this day with Mom. Also to observe Memorial day with the local Veterans, and to be a part of their American Legion group in the parade! Awesome to march with the Ladies' Auxillary. Then Lobsta right here in the Grand State of Maine. Doesn't get much better than that, just if you all were here too. Love you all, Mom just loved all her cards. Great card, Nancy!
 
Happy Birthday Grammy! Sounds like you all have a wonderful day planned!
Have a fun cookout Mamma! Ours went well yesterday. Tons of people from 1-10...wish Evan didn't have to work though.
Love you!!!!!
 
Thanks for everyone's birthday wishes, and for that lovely picture, Karen! Oh to be young!
I know I'm the luckiest mother, grandmother, wife in the world! So we're getting dressed to go to the Memorial Day parade. Gil has to read General Logan's speech (1868) at the cemetary as part of the Legion, and I'll be marching with the Legion Auxiliary--Lyn and Steve too. I agree with Marcia it is a sad day with the Iraq war going on, and we hope and pray for it to end soon, and for Will to be home later this summer. Be safe driving today, Karen, and have a great cookout! Yes, we'll try to enjoy our lobster!
 
Hello all -- so wonderful to open the blog to see the gorgeous photo of my beautiful sister and adorable niece.

I have sent an email to Will and called Ray to thank them for their service, and am wearing Will's Army hat and a necklace from Eric's dad who served in Vietnam. Yes a very sad and poignant day, but the blog is a reminder of our wonderful family which reduces the sadness.

Missing all of you today!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?