Thursday, May 24, 2007

 

Day 458 - Don't BUG Me!

Greetings, Bloggy Arachnophobics!

I murdered a spider in the guest bath this morning. Sorry, PETA.

No, it didn't look like this one, I just don't have time to find a picture of the exact kind of spider I killed.

The interesting thing is the spider RAN from me - it ran as fast as it could with it's many, many little spidey legs. Rather humorous.

I was much faster with my little wad of toilet tissue. In no time it was on it's way to the septic tank. Sorry, Spidey.

Yesterday I murdered a beetle in the kitchen during American Idol. NO, it was not a roach. Sorry, Beetle.

When my mother kills a bug, she keeps killing it until there isn't much left. Right, Mom?

Changing subjects - Congratulations to Jordin for winning American Idol!

I am happy she won, and I'm sure Blake will do just fine in second place. Did you see all the stars in the audience? American Idol is a place to be seen I guess.

When Bette Midler was singing, it looked to me like Jerry Springer was crying. Did you see that?

More Reality TV - don't forget that the 'Do you think you can Dance' show starts tonight! We always enjoy that one.

I am running a bit late this morning, it's already 6:15. Have a great Thursday - it's Memorial Weekend Eve!

Comments:
The picture of that spider freaked me out! EWWWWWWWWW!!! Poor spidey..haha! Have a great thursday! Almost time for the long weekend! YAY! xoxoxo
 
Did everyone miss me? I returned on Monday but was too swamped even to think of da blog--have to get back into the blog habit!

I hate spiders.
 
Hi Karen!
Love the page today! I thought I saw a large spider in my bathroom too, but it was just a weird dark corner, and a suggestion in my mind from what I had been reading... I'm reading an awesome book entitled "The Worst Hard Time - The Untold Story of Those Who Survived The Great American Dust Bowl" by Timothy Egan. He had described the tarantulas that had been blown in on these dust storms from the south, along with a bunch of black widow spiders to Texas and Oklahoma, and they actually killed some children and older folks. People never think of spiders as cause of death from dust storm activity. Pretty wild.
When I lived in MO, there was a large spider that was so smart, it kept popping back into the corner of my ceiling... The only way I could get it was to attack the way I learned from you, quite ingenious actually: get it with a vaccum cleaner, tool extended! It gives me the shivers just thinking about it. It was horrible. Country living comes at a price. All our critter friends!
This year is the seventeen year cycle of the locusts, I heard, or something like that. I haven't looked into it. But supposedly, locusts are due to defoliate sections of our country in a Biblical way, or at least attempt to. Oh joy.
 
EWWWWWWWWWWWW, LOCUST?? Will look forward to that one!
 
My experience with spiders is that for a while I made it a policy not to kill them, and I felt that they somehow knew this, and left me alone. Then I got a spider bite one day, I think from an outside spider that wasn't with the program, which got infected and red lines started going down my hand from the bite, and they finally gave me intraveous antibiotics (which ultimately were bad for me). Anyway, I became more wary of spiders after that bite!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?