Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

Day 454 - Going Swimming - Back Later

Greetings, Blogregation! It's Sunday!

I have seen this very message on a local church sign here. I always read their messages as I pass by (maybe that's OCD of me).

Anyway - the message on the church near us says 'Count your blessings, not your problems', and I think that's a good message.

I'm leaving to go swim but I'll blog more later and tell you a couple of funny things about the fish fry yesterday.

TTFN!

I'm back - it's nearly 4pm and I've had a nice day. The pool was lovely and warm this morning, and I was alone in the pool for most of my swim.

A couple of funnies about the fish fry yesterday:

A joke that was told...

A husband asked his wife - 'What do you want for your birthday?'

She replied 'Something that will go from 0-to-200 in 5 seconds.'

He gave her a scale...

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Our hosts have this 'artificial dog' that looks like a dog with his head buried in the garden, but actually it's a headless dog.

I mentioned it, and they turned the battery switch for the dog to 'Do it's thing'. It wags it's tail and makes fake 'passing gas' noises.

How adorable is THAT? (kidding).

Look! I found it on the web! It is Digger the Dog!

http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=854

Comments:
Hey hey k...

I know why you be payin' so much mind to those church signs today! Must have been that Saturday Night Fish Fry! I'll bet it was
a-jumpin'. I can see you now, swimmin' around, thinkin' "hmmm... how can I tell that story for the BLOG?"
Just kidding. Best advice I get is off of church signs, like "Quit thinking that or you'll go to HELL" and "Quit doing that or you'll go to HELL." My favorite is "Be a better person or go to HELL."
Funny thing how I tend to hang around the fish fry more than church. I'm sorry! Guess I like fish.
 
Makes me laugh after all those years of dragging US to church that Lyn would rather be frying fish now. Haha! Another miserable day here...we're going to go try to amuse ourselves. Evan was here yesterday until 10:00, and is coming back again after work tonight! YAY! ;)
Love you!
 
gee Heather, what are you saying? are you telling me ... I'm now going to HELL?
 
Ummmmm, no...;) hehee....
 
I MUST get digger the dog! How funny!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?