Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Day 452 - Friday! Friday! Friday!

Greetings, Bloggy End-of-Weekers! It's Friday again!

You know the drill - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!' You can wear a costume if you have time to change...

I got a pop-up notice on Blogger just now with a message that Blogger 'saves your drafts automatically'. Well, thank you very much.

You know why? Because if it didn't, then people like ME LOSE THEIR WORK if blogger goes down or can't connect. Read the archives if you want a few examples of times I've lost my whole blog entry.

OOOOoo Karen - you sound kind of grouchy this morning... Actually, I'm not. Charlie and his brother are going FISHING this morning, so I'm just jealous. I've accrued ONE WEEK of vacation time at the moment, and need TWO to take this summer or I'll need to take unpaid leave. I also need to take Thanksgiving week off. I do NOT like only having 2 weeks vacation per year. FOUR years to go before I pick up another week.

Oh - blogger just autosaved my work in progress. Thanks, little Blogger background utility.

Three team members at work are out today, so I need to watch the helpdesk for a while before my first meeting of the day at 8:30am. (yawn).

Happy Friday, everyone, and have a nice weekend!

Speaking of the weekend, Charlie and I are going to a fish fry tomorrow - we'll be eating the fish (cut into filets and fried with cornmeal breading) he and his buddies caught and froze last month at Kentucky Lake.

I need to bring sausage balls for an appetizer - they are made from hot pork sausage, water, bisquick mix and shredded cheese, baked in the oven. They are yummy and fattening.

TTFN!

Comments:
I liked the guys marching around saying "Friday, Friday!" Pretty funny. My weekend is "Tuesday, Tuesday!"
 
Happy Friday!!!! Have a great weekend. The fish fry sounds nice! Love you xoxo
 
Karen, I want to comment on yesterday's blog which I'm just reading now--the only time I have ever voted for an Idol contestant was this week when I voted for Melinda! She is still the best. I wonder if people can vote many times. When I voted, the recording just said, "This is Melinda, thank you for voting for me. Watch Fox tomorrow night at 8/7pm." I hope there is a mechanism which blocks any multiple voting attempts.

Enjoy your fish fry! We had fish and chips in Belfast in the area Iris grew up, Shankill. They use vinegar on the fries as well as the fish. If you want ketchup or tartar sauce you have to buy it!
 
Just a note to Mom- there isn't any way they can block people from voting multiple times, because I've done it before. I think one week I voted for Melinda once, and Blake once, and Jordin twice. Especially when there are different people on the household voting, sometimes that makes sense. Anyway, you can do it, I know.
 
hey, I know those guys!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?