Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

Day 440 - Elfin Cheesecake and Manopause

Greetings, Blogregation! It's Sunday, and that's a beautiful thing.

To answer a question posted by Heather - No, I haven't lost interest in my '6-feet of fair haired and studly Mirkwood Elf', Legolas Greenleaf.

However, I will admit that Orlando Bloom is a tad too young for me, I wouldn't want to be branded a 'cougar' like some older ladies out there.

To read more about Legolas, click here:
http://www.tuckborough.net/legolas.html

Changing subjects...

I thought I had invented a new term called 'Manopause', but upon investigation, it is alive and well on the internet. What isn't?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Manopause

Wait a second, I'm out of coffee, which interferes with my creative bloggery flow...

One example of 'Manopause', very close to my heart and wallet. I am not complaining, I am stating a fact. Apologies to Charlie if he thinks I'm picking on him.

It took a Mythbusters episode to convince Charlie that it is more cost efficient to turn OFF a light than to leave it on all the time. There was no behavior change after this episode, however.

Charlie just doesn't buy into turning off the lights or the television when he leaves the house or goes outside to work in the yard. I walk around and turn off four lights in the Den, the VCR, the TV, and the cable box pretty regularly.

Charlie's reasoning - 'Well, if we were home they would be on'. Yes, and by the way, the electric bill is over $100 a month.

TTFN everybody, and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Morning, Karen, how're you doin? My women's chorus has a concert today. We're singing a song by the Wailin' Jennys (One Voice), and Since I Fell For You, and What'll I Do, and My Guy. I have to lug my piano over to another church for the concert, and the case for the piano is so big I think you could bury an adult in it. I'll be glad when the lugging is over, but the concert should be fun.
 
Hi Marsh! Yodel one for me!
 
Great songs for the concert Old fogey sister!!!!
I like Charlies light excuses...very cute! Tony is the complete opposite. If I forget to turn off a light while we are IN the house (ie: bathroom) for even a SECOND after walking out of the room, he's bugging me. OUR electric bill will never get to $100.00!! haha!
Oh, and glad to see poor little Legolas is still da man!
Have a great Sunday!
 
Thanks Heather! Karen, listen to "One Voice" by the Wailin' Jennys, on Itunes if you can get it. Good song. The Wailin' Jennys have a website, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?