Saturday, April 28, 2007

 

Day 432 - Happy Birthday, Island Girl!

Greetings, Bloggy Birthday Celebrants!

Happy Birthday to Older Sister today! AKA Island Girl, AKA 'The Boss'. She had that one before Bruce Springsteen took it.

It feels so good to say 'Older' sister! Sometimes I feel older than dirt.

Here she is at her second birthday party! You sure can spot a homemade cake nowadays, can't you?

Please ignore that there are THREE candles on the cake instead of two, maybe the extra one was 'one to grow on'. Am I right?

I mailed my sister a birthday card earlier this week but it will likely arrive late. Apologies for that! We also won't say which birthday this is, because we're polite on this blog.

Roll sound clip from our favorite kiddie record when we were about five years old...

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, to a princess so fair,
May your future be bright, with happiness to share,
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, This is a Heaven on Earth day,
Oh life is so wonderful, when you are sixteen...

Happy Birthday!

Changing subjects now...

The 'heat and air man' will be here in a few minutes to tune up the AC for the summer season. They arrive twice a year to keep things in shape and clean the unit. Since it's under warranty, they have a vested interest in keeping it running well!

I need to make up some work hours as well this weekend, I lost a couple hours yesterday going to get my ear looked at.

Well, I'd better eat some breakfast before the maintenance man arrives. TTFN!

Comments:
Hello sickie, hope you feel better soon, hope you and the AC man had a good time!
 
Thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for the nice picture! Lyn and I were looking at it together, while we were on the phone. Have a good dya, Karen, feel better!
 
Oops, I can't spell day!
 
Happy Birthday Marcia!
 
Hey TN!

Now we have Spring up North, but definately no need for the AC just yet. My AC man is still my husband, if that tells you anything about our weather. Ha ha ha. I just got off the phone with the birthday girl...should I tell her AGE??? No, that would give away our ages, since we were all born within 3 years, bing bang boom. I was the boom. Marcia was the bing. I won't say what that makes you. Is this getting too graphic?
 
Hahaha @ the sisters comments. Happy Birthday Island Girl!! (I love that name!!!) Mamma, I had a YOU moment at the market this morning. I was waiting at the deli counter, and when the girl called my number, I raised my ticket in the air, waived it around and yelled "I WON I WON!!!!" They all started laughing, and I giggled to myself for the next hour realizing that you would've have done the same thing...haha!!!!!!
FEEL BETTER! LOVE YOU! xoxoxoox
 
Heather - not only is that something I 'would' do - I might actually HAVE done it! Ha!

You're a Chip-lette off the old block!

xxxx
 
Love all the comments today! It is a great loving communal birthday celebration for Marcia! So glad your ear infection is better, Karen! Where is Nancy today?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?