Tuesday, April 24, 2007

 

Day 428 - The Return of the Prodigal Charlie

Greetings, Bloggy Absentees!

Charlie returns today from his trip away - 2 days fishing, then 3 days at a computer conference up at Fall Creek Falls State Park. Nice life, eh? I'm jealous!

I spend a lot of money shopping when he's away. Hang on - I spend a lot of money shopping when he ISN'T gone too. Oops.

This weekend is a GOOD excuse to shop, and I didn't even know about it! This weekend, Tennessee is waiving sales tax (which is just under 10 percent!) for many school-related items including clothing (yahoo!) and computers.

I thought the 'no sales tax' holiday was supposed to occur for summer back-to-school shopping, but I guess whenever it is held, people will take advantage of it!

Details can be found at:

http://tn.gov/revenue/salestaxholiday/


However, it's only TUESDAY, so why am I writing about the WEEKEND already? I could have saved a whopping $7 if I had waited till this coming weekend to buy my items, however, the items I bought would likely have already been sold. Darned if you do and darned if you don't.

While Charlie was away, I hit Macy's 75% off clearance sale (ok, I admit, I didn't even KNOW they were having a clearance sale but I was at the mall to buy shoes and went in to use the restroom), and hit Payless Shoes Buy-one-get-one-half-price sale too.

I wanted some slip-on sneakers to keep at work to use when I walk around the building. Most of the time I wear Minnetonka moccasins, and walking around the building on the concrete wears the stitching off the toes of my moccasins! I have several ruined 'toes' and they are NOT inexpensive shoes! I asked the 'shoe repair' guy at the mall if he could restitch them, and he would charge $7 per toe. I don't know if I'll do it or not. Buddy Joe has a great shoe repair guy, maybe I need a quote from him too.

Gotta go, folks! TTFN!

Comments:
It's me, island girl. Man, if you don't do the comment stuff in the right order it won't take the comment I just worked so hard to enter. Anyway, as I was saying, I used to walk all over Providence in moccasins and the bottoms of them would wear out. I was also saying that I remember the smell of Moses Brown field, and the smell of our house, and the smell of the city, lots of memories with those smells. Sometimes when I'm teaching piano, memories will come drifting in, strange time, but it seems to happen frequently.
 
Glad to see island girl (I like that!) on "da blog"!
 
Ahhhhhhhhh, Hi Island Girl, Nancy, and of course, MAMMA!!!!
Happy Tuesday! We've been having such wonderful weather, I wish it had been like this when you were here!! The flowers are blooming on the trees, and the pollen is out in full force! YUCK. Glad it's time for Mr. Charlie to come home! ;)
Have a good Wednesday! xoxoxox
 
Have missed a few blogs what with company last weekend, a busy Sunday visiting older sister and husband at the nursing home, plus a trip to Ferry Beach which I'll tell you about later, then yesterday Gil's father took an unexpected trip to the hospital (he's doing OK--medication problem they think). So here I am and enjoying all your blogs Karen, and today's comments from newcomer "Island Girl", Nancy, and Heather. Glad Charlie is back home!
 
My goodness - family reunion going on in the comment section...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?