Tuesday, April 17, 2007

 

Day 421 - I made it back - barely!

Greetings, Twofer Tuesday-ers! I am groggy this morning after having just a few hours of sleep.

I *almost* didn't make it home yesterday at all - there was a maintenance issue on my plane from Atlanta to Nashville.

They finally put us on another plane after we all (including the pilot and crew) had to change gates and concourses to get to the new plane. My 6:10 departure turned into a 10:20pm departure. I made up an hour changing from Eastern to Central time, tho!

I pulled into the garage here at home at 11:40pm last night - just before midnight and past my bedtime!

I'd say the worst travel issues I've had in the past year or two were on Delta - sorry, Delta, but it's true. However, Charlie is taking a sub for his lunch that I bought with my Delta meal voucher. ;-)

I am also going to start avoiding commuter prop planes that only have 9 rows of seats! When we landed (this was on Friday the 13th), I announced 'Thank you for flying the Delta SCOW'.

Gotta go to work, gang! Have a nice Tuesday and it's nice to be home, finally!

Comments:
Yeah, those little planes are brutal. As I said before, I hate them! A sandwich doesn't seem like much in return for all of that. I chuckled a little about the sandwich. What kind of sandwich?
 
A sandwich ISN'T enough for all that!!! What an awful night Mamma! I wanted so badly to go to Atlanta last night and get you! At least with the other cancellations & delays you were here SAFE! :(
Well, it's all over now. Glad you're home! xoxoxoxoxox
 
Glad you're home safe. In the old days (60's) while in college I took small unstable prop jets between from Bangor and Boston or Washington. Scary.

I have never flown Delta BUT, my son & girlfriend and I are flying Delta to & from Portland for Thanksgiving. We go through Atlanta and return through JFK. The price was right. Now I'll be worried!
 
Karen, We benefitted so much from your visit! Oh for the good old days when you could fly non-stop to and from Prov on SWA! Have a good week now that you are home safe and sound!
 
The sandwich was a Blimpie Ciabatta Club Sub, with lays potato chips and a cookie. ;-)
 
And a comment for Mom - I am seriously considering going back to SWA, even though they aren't the low cost carrier anymore!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?