Saturday, April 14, 2007

 

Day 418 - Wok and Roll, Dudes!

Greetings, Bloggy Travelers!

I am here in New England, safe and sound, and Charlie is still in Tennessee, getting stormed on (if you keep an eye on the weather).

Charlie sent me this photo of the dinner he made last night - fish, cornbread muffins, cole slaw, and sweet potato fries!

Wow! Charlie is turning into a cook!

Changing subjects - I need to tell you about my plane trip yesterday.

The first plane (Nashville to JFK) was a commuter jet with four seats across (two and two with an aisle down the center). There were only 13 rows of seats, and I was in the very last row.

My flight from JFK to Providence was even smaller. I was on a prop plane with four seats across (also two and two) except for the last row which had five seats across like a school bus. The whole plane had only 9 rows of seats. Again, I was in the very last row. Yuck.

My plane was 40 minutes late into Providence, due to 'commuter gate chaos' at JFK. They reuse the same gates for many different flights, because your boarding process consists of walking outside into the cold onto the tarmac, following a zig-zagging line of people to (hopefully) the right plane, and boarding your plane by climbing a portable staircase.

The best part about my plane change at JFK was the 'Wok and Roll' restaurant where I bought a spring roll and a club soda for a snack. ($4).

After I arrived, we went to one of my favorite restaurants here (Perellas) for dinner. We ordered a large plate of calamari for an appetizer, and also had their crusty bread and roasted garlic with it.

I had littleneck clams in garlic and oil for my entree, and a side of 'eggplant rollini', which was one of the most delicious foods I've had in a long time.

Very thinly sliced and breaded eggplant was stuffed with proscuitto and ricotta cheese, rolled up, and baked with just the right amount of sauce and cheese. OMIGOSH... I don't have words to describe how good it was.

My daughter also had the clams, and an antipasto salad. My son-in-law had 'Steak ala Papa', and my son had 'Steak ala Mama'.

After that, I pretty much crashed from food coma, which is understandable. TTFN!

Comments:
Boy, you make me hungry. I hate those little planes, they have them to Nantucket. Barf city. I just realized I used that word hate again, which you were talking about my using in reference to "dead Nature". You know what, it's also significant that Mom used to tell us not to ever use the word "hate"! Aha! That's probably the reason I said it! Mom, it's like telling somone not to think of a pink elephant! (or whatever color... white?) Have a good time at younger sister's...Say hi to Heather and everyone for me...
 
OMIGOSH - two postings from older sister! How can it be? What have you done with my sister who didn't ever post on the blog? Anyway, we are getting that NorEaster tomorrow and I have to get back on that little 9 row hunk of junk again, I wonder if they will cancel. Thanks for writing!
 
Hi Older sister! Wish you were HERE instead of just on 'da blog'!! On our way out for some coffee...Have a nice Saturday everyone! xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?