Sunday, April 08, 2007

 

Day 412 - Happy Easter, Happy Easter!

Greetings, Blogregation! Happy Easter!

It's Easter Sunday and I didn't go to swim this morning. I didn't wake up until 6:30, which was after I'd wanted to leave the house, so I slept in!

It was TWENTY degrees this morning with a hard frost. Some of our shrubs have wilted, and the flowers on our ornamental cherry tree have been 'bit'.

Here is a great picture of a coconut covered Easter lamb cake, isn't it cute?

If I recall correctly, we had one for the first time at my paternal grandparents house - Mom, is that right? We liked it so much that we bought the mold to make them in.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. I HAVE FINISHED THE ROUGH DRAFT OF MY TAXES! I JUST NEED TO COPY THEM OVER, SIGN IT, XEROX THEM AND MAIL THEM OFF. THANK HEAVENS.

Joe, are yours done??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Charlie and I went to the Chinese Buffet last night and had a lot more than just the crab legs. I had a little bit of a lot of things, enough to give me a little bit of indigestion! Oops.

Today Charlie and I are going to the movies instead of consuming a big dinner. I think that is a better way to spend the afternoon instead of food-coma. What do YOU think?

Back to Easter subjects...

I think I've already mentioned this, but my kids found out the truth about the Easter Bunny when we were walking through K-mart. We passed a line of Easter baskets and I casually remarked (without thinking) - 'Oh, look, I think I got you that one last year'. Heather, in a shocked voice, said 'Moooooom!'. The truth was out.

Easter dinners have been spent at a variety of places over the years, most notably my paternal Grandparents house or my aunt and uncles house, both near Boston. More recently, my sister and brother in law have been hosting Easter dinner at their house in Rhode Island. There would definitely be a ham, and maybe another entree like turkey, roast beef, or lasagna.

I gained a pound just thinking about all the wonderful family meals!

Well, I've got a long to-do list before we leave for the movies, so take care and have a great Easter! TTFN!

Comments:
Loved your Easter song on the machine! Hope you & Charlie had a great day! We had fun with the kids! LOVE YOU!! xoxoxo
 
Happy Easter again Karen and Charlie! Karen, yes that was Grammy H. who made the little lambie cake, and I know Lyn has made it a few times. This morning at breakfast at the W Paris church Aunt Peggy made baskets for the tables of colored Easter eggs. I don't make them anymore, do you? Bet Heather does.
 
Yes, I still make Easter baskets, but not colored eggs!! ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?