Friday, April 06, 2007

 

Day 410 - GOOD Friday, and I ain't kiddin'!

Greetings, Bloggy Easter Weekenders!

It's a good friday and also Good Friday! March in a circle of palm fronds.

It's 32 degrees here, and they're talking about record-setting cold here this weekend, about a week after record-setting warmth. Mother Nature, please send us some averages, will you?

Charlie has the day off, the lucky dog. He is enjoying coffee and breakfast in the kitchen.

I have a deadline to look forward to, and some pretty complicated code to work out today. However, I am also enjoying coffee - in the computer room. Wish me luck.

I have sneakers (aka tennis shoes) on this morning. We get to wear sneakers at work today if we make a minimum $5 contribution for a Multiple Sclerosis fundraiser. I rarely wear sneakers, to tell you the truth, I prefer moccassins with no socks.

Are you an Easter Ham household, or roast beef, or lamb, or turkey? I would normally bake a ham on Easter, but I have had such a craving lately for seafood, I might just go for something like crab or lobster instead! Whaddya think?

We used to have lamb for Easter, but we asked our mother not to cook them anymore, they're too cute. We had a lamb cake instead, shaped like a lamb and covered with boiled icing and coconut fur.

I'll tell more Easter stories this weekend, IF I have time and IF I get my taxes done! TTFN!

Comments:
I didn't know Grammy used to cook poor little LAMBS!! Don't know if I've ever eaten one of those!!! Don't know what the Easter meal will be this year! Can't wait to see you for OUR Easter celebration! xoxoxoxo
 
Karen, I like any food at Easter. This year, for Easter I am having a big brunch and hiking (well strolling) with friends at the Point Reyes National Seashore enjoying poppies, lupen and all manner of flora and fauna, lighthouses and ocean in the beautiful SF Bay Area.

Sister dear, did you actually make lamb shaped cakes with coconut fur at Easter or was that your tradition, Karen? Pretty cool.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?