Monday, March 26, 2007

 

Day 399 - Nope, Didn't get my taxes done

Greetings, Bloggy Last-work-week-of-the-monthers!

It's Monday (blech) and it's the last week in March. It's also the last week of the quarter. I have a busy week coming up, and I'm going to go in early today to work.

Nope, I didn't do my taxes. I swam and shopped instead, and even did some spring cleaning.

Highlight of my weekend - TWO, count 'em, TWO pairs of slacks from Chico's at Goodwill for a mere $4 per pair. One capri length, one regular.

Okay, you say, that's nice, but how much do they REALLY cost at Chico's? BETTER SIT DOWN.

I went to Chico's this weekend to check out the REAL prices, and the kind of pants I've been getting are around SIXTY-FOUR DOLLARS a pair. OMIGOSH!

I can't even afford their CLEARANCE prices - I looked through the clearance racks and most of the items were marked down to $49-$89 - WAY too high for me to even THINK about purchasing.

By the way - NONE of the sales people paid the least attention to me, I wasn't the 'well-heeled' designer type that was going to spend hundreds in there, and they knew it. Ask me if I care.

So, bottom line - in the time I have been Goodwill shopping the past few months, my most spectacular buys have been for Chico's, Talbots, and Liz Claiborne items, and I am very happy about that! Who can argue with SUCCESS?

By the way, yesterday I bought one of the most beautiful embroidered suits I've ever SEEN, much less OWNED. So... how much? $6.50.

Need I say more, except to say I'll be taking a picture of it, and I am going to pay the big bucks for the 'good' dry cleaners, I don't trust the $1.50 place with this suit...

Yep. It's that nice! TTFN!

Have a great Monday and a nice last-week-of-the-month!

Comments:
I guess Goodwill needs to be on my list of tourist stops when we come to TN to visit! Pretty amazing! And who cares about taxes until April 15th.
 
I need to start shopping Goodwill too!! I can't remember the last time I bought myself clothing...think I'm due!! Happy Monday! Blah~
 
Karen, let's be truthful now -- you can AFFORD to pay $40 for an item of clothing, you just don't WANT to.
 
Well, yes! I can afford to pay $40 for an item of clothing, but I'd rather pay $40 for 10 items worth $50 each, making $500 worth of clothing. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?