Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 

Day 373 - So Long, February! Hasta La Pasta!

Greetings, Bloggy Spring-Watchers!

Kiss February goodbye because MARCH is almost here! I did put my 'spring wreath' on the front door and took down my winter one.

Do you know what I do now with my plethora of wreaths that I hang up at various seasons?

I hang them on hangers and put them in our spare coat closet where I keep the Christmas decorations. They take up too much room to find wreath boxes and places to put the wreath boxes. They do just fine hanging in the closet and don't get crushed that way. Heloise, are you listening???

This photo isn't my wreath, but I cut up a spray of fake daffodils and arranged them around the border of my wreath, among the ivy that was already on it. It looks very springy now.

I still have assorted winter stuff to take off the walls, but what will I hang there instead? Guess I need to BUY some new spring stuff for the walls.

Oh gee - there's a CRAFT FAIR AT THE FRANKLIN REC CENTER THIS SATURDAY - GET THERE EARLY BEFORE I BUY ALL THE GOOD STUFF. Or...don't.

A quick play-by-play of my trip to the grocery store yesterday afternoon. They were giving samples of Ocean Spray grapefruit...

Clerk: Wanna try some grapefruit or some strawberry shortcake?
Me: Better go for the diet food. What kind is this? Pink grapefruit?
Clerk: It's white grapefruit.
Me: It looks pink, not white.
Clerk: Looks white to me, let me look on the package. Oh, it's red grapefruit.
Me: It's not red, it's pink.
Clerk - yelling: 'Hey Joe - you got the wrong grapefruit out here!'
Me: The package says red, but it's pink grapefruit.

So... what did I do? I bought some anyway. It was pretty sweet, it was on sale, and the package says red, but it's PINK. So there!

Charlie has a froggy throat this morning, hope he's not getting that sore-throat-flu that's going around.

It's supposed to be 68 degrees this afternoon, NOW you're talkin' nice weather!

OOps - it's after 6:00 already so I'd better run. TTFN!

Comments:
YUMM! I haven't bought grapefruit in ages...now I want some! Supposed to get more snow tomorrow, but today is beautiful! Think March is gonna kick us in the butt since we've been so lucky this winter! (Or not, maybe it will just stay mild until spring!)
Have a good rest of the week! xoxo
 
Just catching up on a few blogs. How I loved that exchange at the grocery store! And yesterday's cow story! That's what makes stand up comics funny--stuff from real life! Blog on and keep me laughing--it's good for my health!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?