Saturday, February 24, 2007

 

Day 369 - Saturday! Breakfast, anyone?

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

This morning, we feature another fine example of Charlie's breakfast merrymaking!

Homemade pancakes with butter, country ham and two fried eggs. The syrup missed the photo.

By the way - Charlie's doctor just reminded him to cut back on the cholesterol and sodium - but I don't know if that counts on the weekend!

What do YOU eat for breakfast on the weekend? That's not what I have for breakfast, by the way.

I have a much more calorie-friendly breakfast, even on the weekend - like Thomas's 100 calorie english muffins with an egg on it, or something like that! I do have 'loaded scrambled eggs' when Charlie does though! They have VEGETABLES in them!

I can hear Aunt Nancy now... 'Ok, that's enough blogging about ham and eggs, tell us something we don't know!'

Well, after work yesterday, I decided I would drive into Nashville to go to the 'nice pool', because it's warmer than the pool I go to in Franklin, has fewer people, and I like it better. Going into Nashville Friday night at rush hour was a huge mistake - it took me nearly an hour just to GET to the pool, and it's only 20 miles. I just can't do that, it's too much of a waste of time. But I did it yesterday...

The good news - I saw someone at the pool who I hadn't seen in a year or more (since I got laid off, come to think of it). Anyway, it was nice to see someone who used to be a 'pool buddy', and he even remembered my name - I didn't remember his (shame on me).

The funny part - his name is 'Vince'- and I should have remembered it because in my mind I always call him 'Vinz Clortho - Keymaster of Gozar' from Ghostbusters. No, I never told HIM that! He's just the only person I know with that name.

Have a great Saturday!

Well, that's it for now, unless I feel like writing more later. I have a big day of shopping and swimming planned. It may rain later, so maybe I'll beat the rain back home!

Comments:
Karen, Remember you used to drive every day in that rush hour traffic! Glad that's over with. Yes, I know the breakfast with 100 calorie English muffins--we're eating those too some days. Well I had to catch up on a few blogs, and they really are fun to read. We're not just humoring you, honest! I think it's OK to drop the number of days--your old job is getting to be history! Courtney's high school basketball play off's tonight--should be a good game. It's the Western Maine Championship Class B.
 
Hey Mamma Mamma! Your Ghostbusters comment cracked me up...especially because I do that too...hear someones 'funny' name that relates to a movie...and always think of them with the movie name, but they don't know it! MAYBE cuz I'm your kid??
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
Heather - that is great! I don't know how much of this is 'genetics' vs. learned behavior, but association works, whether it's from movies or whatever! xxx-ooo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?