Monday, February 19, 2007

 

Day 364 - Birthday and Anniversary Eve

Greetings, Bloggy Annuals! (Sounds like flowers, doesn't it?)

Have you been reading the blog for just about a year now?

Yes, it's the Blog's anniversary eve (with a commemorative mug to celebrate the occasion), the anniversary eve of my layoff, and tomorrow also is Heather's birthday. I'll never forget the date, that's for sure!

Checklist of stuff I haven't done yet:
I haven't done my taxes.
I haven't rolled over my 401K.
I haven't closed my old bank account.

Shame on me! I *guess* I'd better do some housekeeping. I mailed my taxes last year the day I got laid off - interesting trivia fact...

TV Update:

We watched the Daytona 500 yesterday - very interesting finish to the race, wasn't it? 'That there yeller car whipped up on 'em at the last minnit'.

We watched 'The Amazing Race All-Star' premiere - we felt sorry for the team who got eliminated, we had liked them.

We watched 'The Apprentice' - and didn't feel sorry for the girl who got eliminated.

It's supposed to start warming up this week, FINALLY. It is 17 degrees now, but by next weekend we may hit SEVENTY. Now you're talkin' - get that outdoor pool ready for me!

Have a nice Anniversary Eve and Birthday Eve. Get ready to celebrate tomorrow!

Comments:
Is it proper to say Happy Anniversary Eve? I hope the year has brought some interesting and positive changes out of something so devastating and challenging! We watched the ending of the Daytona 500 (Always the best part!), and of course Apprentice. No I didn't feel sorry for Amy either! Just reading Sat's blog and love that picture of your younger sister! Heather's birthday tomorrow! How well I remember the day she was born since I was there when they wheeled you and baby back to your room! A wonderful little girl then and now (just a little bigger now!) Cold here today, still zero because the wind is blowing. Yesterday and Sat it got up to 30. Wow!
 
Karen, you have had quite a year. It does show the truth of the cliche that when one door closes another opens--your blog, healthy & fit program and a new job closer to home.

And it is fitting that it all started on the anniversary of that wonderful day when Heather joined our family. I remember how angelic you, Karen, and Heather were as little girls. (Now I'm feeing old!)

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!!
 
Awwwwwww shucks...you guys! LOL!!! Yes, happy Anniversary Eve to the blog! Can't belive a whole year has gone by already...so much has happened! (And it's all right here on record...Haha!)
We watched most of the race yesterday and was bummed that an old time racer who's NEVER won that race got beat out by that youngin at the last second...oh well. No big plans for tomorrow, but Evan & Dad are coming over on Wednesday w/ pizza. YUM! Have a great week! xoxoxoxo
 
Thanks, Everyone! Yes, it's been quite a year! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?