Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 

Day 324 - Ain't No Town Like Motown!

Greetings, Bloggy Music Lovers!

My daughter and son-in-law sent me a 4-cd set for my birthday (which is on Sunday) named 'Motown Legends' - I can't wait to listen to it at work today. Supremes, Smokey Robinson, Temptations, etc. Goody! Thank you thank you thank you!

I love music and I spend quite a bit of time at work with my headphones on, when I'm not running over the cord with my chair and getting a whiplash, that is. Yesterday I pulled my chair back - snagged the cord, the headphones turned into a lasso across my desk, and knocked over my bottled green tea, all in a split second. Good job, girl! Thankfully the tea had the cap on.

I have some other items set aside to open on Sunday.

No, I don't like to get older, but I love 'events' and reasons to celebrate!

Dreamland update - Nuthin' - I haven't had a blog-worthy dream lately - I must be getting all my neural networks exercised during the day.

I have a business meeting this afternoon to show off my latest development effort - I hope they like it! I had a performance problem earlier in the week - this report I wrote was running DOG slow - taking a half an hour to run. That is totally unacceptable. Do you know WHY? My disk needed to be defragmented! Brought the runtime for the report down to 10 minutes or less. Sheesh. You'd think with a 150 gigabyte disk it could find space for a contiguous file, maybe?

My manager called me 'Wonder Woman' yesterday at work. I'll take it, thank you very much.

Well, I think I'll call it a wrap for today and go exercise for half an hour.

Confession: I planned to go swimming yesterday after work and I was tired and it was cold and I just didn't go do it. Oops. Apologies, body 'o mine.

TTFN! Go listen to some Motown music today!

Comments:
Yay! I'm glad you can listen to your Motown at work...wish I could!! Love those CD's!!!!!
Have a great day almost bday girl!
xoxoxoxo
 
I thought you'd have a photo of the Tennessee snow today!

Have you seen Dreamgirls? I haven't see it yet but understand it's about motown.

Happy Birthday -- and what AGE are we, dearie?
 
Hi Nancy, I'll tell YOU, not the BLOG. I'll send you an email. xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?